Any Home Bakers Here?

Is there a post in here on how to care and store your starter? I am interested in @ronott1 's starter but I am worried that I may mess up again. I have been given starter twice from a friend and it never really takes off.....

I know what you mean, first one I had I forgot about it too long and it expired:(

But keeping it in the fridge and taking it out to feed once every 1-2 weeks isn't a lot of trouble, just remembering to do so is the challenge
wink.png

Ron has given you the directions, but once you get it going and not planning to use it often - then you can just pull it out of fridge, discard a cup and add flour&water, stir it up and place it right back in the fridge. Mine is nearly 3 years old ( I think) and still a healthy starter.

Quote:
I dried some of my starter and vacuumed sealed it. I put the dried starter in the freezer. I took some out awhile ago and reconstituted it. It took about 3 days for it to totally revive. I usually take my starter out of the fridge on Sunday's and make sourdough pancakes, muffins or something similar with the discarded starter. After it is back up to room temperature I feed it and let it sit out for a few hours then put it back into the fridge.

We are going to a pot luck tomorrow, I'm going to bring rolls, but I also wanted to bring a dessert that is okay to sit out. I was thinking brownies maybe. Anyone have any easy/yummy potluck dessert ideas? I'm going to look through the first post and see if anything pops out at me. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

We are going to a pot luck tomorrow, I'm going to bring rolls, but I also wanted to bring a dessert that is okay to sit out. I was thinking brownies maybe. Anyone have any easy/yummy potluck dessert ideas? I'm going to look through the first post and see if anything pops out at me. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Brownies are always a hit at potlucks. Cupcakes carry well too.

Hope your weekend is fun!

I'll be canning, so no baking.

Brownies are always a hit at potlucks. Cupcakes carry well too.

Hope your weekend is fun!

I'll be canning, so no baking.

Thanks! I think I will do brownies. Who doesn't like brownies? No one I want to know
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
. Well, actually I'd be cool with that... more for me! I hope you have a fun/productive weekend of canning.

Thanks! I think I will do brownies. Who doesn't like brownies? No one I want to know
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
. Well, actually I'd be cool with that... more for me! I hope you have a fun/productive weekend of canning.

Brownies are always a hit and easy to carry.

Hope the pot luck even is a success.

Hello,....

I am a Certified Executive Chef with over 20 years of professionnal cooking/baking experience . If you have any questions regarding cooking, or baking I can assist you.Yeast is tricky to work with . But , not so tricky if you have experience . Does anyone GROW Ghost Chili Peppers ? I am in Florida , and they are hard to find here.

Thank You

Chefman007 .

Hello,....

I am a Certified Executive Chef with over 20 years of professionnal cooking/baking experience . If you have any questions regarding cooking, or baking I can assist you.Yeast is tricky to work with . But , not so tricky if you have experience . Does anyone GROW Ghost Chili Peppers ? I am in Florida , and they are hard to find here.

Thank You

Chefman007 .

Hi and Welcome!

There is another cooking thread, ask a chef that you might be interested in too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090656/ask-a-chef/1110#post_17487576

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom