Any Home Bakers Here?

@ronott1 Thanks for the tip to be honest dreading making this but will follow N F C and your tips faithfully
smile.png

Any one making Christmas goodies?

I've been practicing with biscotti and found a recipe we like. It's pretty much gone now but will make up some more for taking to family on the 23rd.

Anyone else?

We just started today. Miss 14 found a sugar cookie recipe and is making gingerbread men and reindeers from it. Just out of the oven so far.

Then we have apricot balls and my rumless rum balls to start.

Got my ugly sweater gingerbread men done this afternoon...now if we can just stay out of them until Friday (for a family get together).
Lol. That's adorable! @DigMyChicks. They look great too! I would have no Bon bons left by Christmas!

Last edited:
We just started today. Miss 14 found a sugar cookie recipe and is making gingerbread men and reindeers from it. Just out of the oven so far.

Then we have apricot balls and my rumless rum balls to start.

I could use a Miss 14 to make cookies. I'm so far behind.

The apricot balls sound interesting, care to share the recipe?

I know exactly how you feel. I can't do anything till the last moment,in case we have a power cut. So 23rd and 24th are going to be full on cooking days and just hope the power lasts over Christmas. Florida hot here today already - will pics of my creations when I make them. Love to you
hugs.gif

They are over rated as helpers. She baked them, then left me to decorate
1f60b.png
Oh and note to self, next time make your own piping icing, don't try and cheat by buying the ready made stuff. Was a bit too thick.

The apricot balls are my personal favourite. Wouldn't be xmas without them :)

Edit to add might need a translation :). I think you call icing sugar powdered sugar? The stuff you use to make icing.

Last edited:
@appps thanks for the recipe and the pictures. It took me a second to see the reindeer are gingerbread men! That is so clever
thumbsup.gif

And yep, icing sugar to you is powdered sugar to us.

Good job on the decorating!

Back
Top Bottom