Any Home Bakers Here?

That sounds interesting. Did you just substitute the mashed acorn squash for the same amount of pumpkin puree?
Butternut squash can be subbed for pumpkin (same amount) in any recipe. Some canned 'pumpkin' is actually butternut squash. Butternut is thicker, and tends to do better in recipes. I still use real pumpkin though.

Butternut squash can be subbed for pumpkin (same amount) in any recipe. Some canned 'pumpkin' is actually butternut squash. Butternut is thicker, and tends to do better in recipes. I still use real pumpkin though.

Hubbard squash can be used for a pumpkin pie substitute too.

Last edited:
I started the Orange Ginger bread this morning. I goes until tomorrow for baking it though.

I filled Einkorn grain into flour for this one and I am using mint honey from Azure Standard. I have taken pictures of the beginning. Should I post them now or all at once when the bread is baked?

I vote for now, then we've got the "big reveal" to keep us in suspense.
Progress so far on the Sourdough orange ginger bread:

Ingredients for the first part:

I used Einkorn grain instead of Kamut and milled it. This is the milled kamut next to the sponge:

The kneaded dough on the clay baker bottom. It goes into the fridge for 17 hours:

Last edited:
I have never worked with Eikorn wheat but am interested in looking into it. How difficult is it to adapt to its unique properties? How is it compared to good quality organic?

Back
Top Bottom