Any Home Bakers Here?

It's not full. I have around 200 eggs in it. I plan on putting more in next week after I collect a few more from the coops I want to hatch from. Been selling quite a few eggs to people who want my pure Heritage breeds. Next week I'm getting some Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and another line of really nice Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds to add to my lines. I'm not going to cross breed them with mine but keep them pure to their lines so I have to get the hatchers set up and the brooder cabinet too. I didn't make many doughnut holes. I mixed then in with the rest of the remaining dough and made more doughnuts.
Them are very nice looking...yum!!

It's not full. I have around 200 eggs in it. I plan on putting more in next week after I collect a few more from the coops I want to hatch from. Been selling quite a few eggs to people who want my pure Heritage breeds. Next week I'm getting some Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and another line of really nice Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds to add to my lines. I'm not going to cross breed them with mine but keep them pure to their lines so I have to get the hatchers set up and the brooder cabinet too. I didn't make many doughnut holes. I mixed then in with the rest of the remaining dough and made more doughnuts.
I beleive I need this recipe I say that but I am sure I just over dose lol

My Brown Leghorns are from a breeder. I do show my birds at shows so I want show quality. I breed Single Comb and Rose Comb pure Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites, Rose Comb Brown Leghorns and Single Comb White Leghorns. It's my passion. I guess you'd say I'm hooked. :love

Lovely! The best birds come from passionate breeders who love what they do! You sound as hooked as I am!

I just took this out of the oven...hope it's as good as it smells
1f60a.png

We do too. I started using parchment paper and what a difference it makes in spreading the dough out and it has a nice texture to it also.

I use parchment paper too and sprinkle a bit of corn meal on it. The corn meal really keeps the crust from any sticking and adds a nice little extra crunch to the crust.

I use parchment paper too and sprinkle a bit of corn meal on it. The corn meal really keeps the crust from any sticking and adds a nice little extra crunch to the crust.

I've never tried that. I put a thin layer of Crisco on the parchment paper. I probably wouldn't need anything but it sure makes that crust spread like a dream
1f60a.png
I mixed up a friendship bread starter today. I've always been given one...should be interesting
1f644.png
I make the chocolate version and the boys love it.

Back
Top Bottom