Any Home Bakers Here?

Quote: really good that way
droolin.gif

I got new chicks, and my big girls are laying eggs. :) I did lose my cream legbar to some wicked respiratory thing that killed her in less than 48 hours.
hit.gif
I did save her eggs though.

Cream legbar, Welsumer, Olive Egger

New babies. Mystery bantam from Ideal. FBCM, and Cream legbar - I got them from my local feed store. The owner has Greenfire Farms stock and sells the chicks they hatch in-store. :)

Delawares posing like Charlie's Angels

Mystery bantam. Sebright maybe? Or Belgium d'Anver? Ideal has both breeds.

It is not easy to line up your chicks!
I have blueberries now.
tongue.png

I've been baking too. I'll post photos later.

@BakerGirl loved seeing all the photos! Cute chicks you have, that must have been a real test in patience to get them all lined up, lol.

Not really baking but does anybody make beef stock? I make chicken all the time but tried beef the other day and when it cooled down it was more like beef jelly. Wondering how you get it thin like the bought stuff?

Not really baking but does anybody make beef stock? I make chicken all the time but tried beef the other day and when it cooled down it was more like beef jelly. Wondering how you get it thin like the bought stuff?
I don't know what to do to make things like store bought (nor do I want to) but a comment on the jelliness of your beef broth: The jelly is better for your body and contains gelatin which your body will use to re-build tissues. My suggestion is to make the most of your yummy homemade beef broth.

Back
Top Bottom