Any Home Bakers Here?

Not really baking but does anybody make beef stock? I make chicken all the time but tried beef the other day and when it cooled down it was more like beef jelly. Wondering how you get it thin like the bought stuff?
The gel goes away when the stock is reheated.

This article says that not getting broth to gel is caused by cooking the bones wrong. The goal is to get gel

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/the-wonders-of-gelatin-and-how-to-get-more-in-your-stock/

Ahhhh thanks. It just looked gross
1f633.png
And nothing like the consistency of my chicken stock.

Ahhhh thanks. It just looked gross
1f633.png
And nothing like the consistency of my chicken stock.
When I use my pressure cooker to make chicken stock, It gels into something that looks like jello. The stuff they sell in the stores in not as healthy because it does not have the gel. When I heat it up to make soup it melts into a very tasty broth.

Gelatin is very good for you--digestive health along with lots of good nutrients.

oooooooo Yay I found the thread that I've bee looking for, thanks to @N F C 's signature.
Mind if I share my favorite Cinnamon Roll recipe?
Its from a website called www.divascancook.com

I let the dough rise for about 5 hour during the afternoon, then I let hem rise overnight the second time and bake them of in the morning. I just use a simple powdered sugar/water or milk/vanilla for the glaze

Last edited:
oooooooo Yay I found the thread that I've bee looking for, thanks to @N F C 's signature.

I let the dough rise for about 5 hour during the afternoon, then I let hem rise overnight the second time and bake them of in the morning. I just use a simple powdered sugar/water or milk/vanilla for the glaze
Sounds amazing!

sounds allot like the one I use but butter is in my glaze

Back
Top Bottom