Any Home Bakers Here?

okay first time making sourdough pancakes with the recipe was very thin decided through my infinite wisdom (lot's of laughing inserted) to add more flour like 3 or 4 cups turned out perfect???? :confused:
Good call!
Flour can have different moisture content but likely the starter was a bit thin.
It is good that you are getting into the hang of working with sourdough!

Last edited:
I baked a lemon bundt cake today! It is a great recipe. Did it come from this thread?
20170916_193523-jpg.1138068

LEMON BUNDT CAKE

INGREDIENTS
• 1 c. plain lowfat yogurt

• 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest

• ¼ c. lemon juice

• 1 tsp. vanilla extract

• 1 c. unsalted butter

• 2 c. sugar

• 1½ tsp. baking powder

• ½ tsp. baking soda

• 4 large eggs

• 2¾ c. cake flour (not self-rising)

• ½ tsp. salt

Syrup

• ½ c. each lemon juice and sugar

• ¼ c. water

• 1 c. confectioners’ sugar

• 4 tsp. milk

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. You'll need a 10-in. bundt pan coated with nonstick spray and flour.

2. Whisk yogurt, lemon zest, juice and vanilla in small bowl.

3. Beat butter, sugar, baking powder and soda in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until creamy. in eggs, one at a time, until blended. On low speed, beat in yogurt, then flour and salt just until blended. Spread into prepared pan.

4. Bake 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 12 minutes before inverting on rack.

5. While cake is cooling, bring syrup ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.

Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes or until syrupy.

Brush over warm cake; let cool.

6. Mix confectioners' sugar and just enough milk until smooth; spoon over cooled cake. Let stand

looks yummy... did a take on devils food cake peeled then cored 3 apple (granny smith) layed them on bottom then poured batter over yummy good cream cheese frostingView attachment 1138115
What a great idea!
It is almost apple season here and I cannot wait until the bags of granny smith apples are in the stores again.

Breakfast (any time) is the best meal of the day!
I love breakfast items any time of the day! However, my family always acts like it's just the strangest thing to have breakfast items at dinner. Apparently, they're not keeping up with the latest trends - even McDonald's offers breakfast items all day now because they're so popular! :drool

Back
Top Bottom