Any Home Bakers Here?

Discussions in the past about using fresh pumpkins made me decide to give it another try - last time had to get a handsaw out and burnt them in the baking :hit.

But, found some pie pumpkins this past weekend and gonna give it another try.
Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.....I have seen how to cut them easier than past attempt - looks like baking on foil covered pan and covered with foil at 350F for 1-1.5 hours is best? Some suggest microwave or slow cooker??

Discussions in the past about using fresh pumpkins made me decide to give it another try - last time had to get a handsaw out and burnt them in the baking :hit.

But, found some pie pumpkins this past weekend and gonna give it another try.
Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.....I have seen how to cut them easier than past attempt - looks like baking on foil covered pan and covered with foil at 350F for 1-1.5 hours is best? Some suggest microwave or slow cooker??

The baking method in the oven is how I like to do all squash so that sounds good to me for pumpkin.

I've never baked with fresh pumpkins before, I'll be interested in hearing how it goes for you!

The baking method in the oven is how I like to do all squash so that sounds good to me for pumpkin.

I've never baked with fresh pumpkins before, I'll be interested in hearing how it goes for you!

I think the baking/roasting is the way to go - seems that the traditional baking is supposed to give a better flavor?

Will let you know how it goes if i still have fingers to type with after the cutting :lau

I think the baking/roasting is the way to go - seems that the traditional baking is supposed to give a better flavor?

Will let you know how it goes if i still have fingers to type with after the cutting :lau
Dumb question, but, why not just stab it several times before baking. That's what we do to acorn squash and then we gut it after cooking.

Penny, YES. The dough is easy to roll THIN. Put the bottom crust
in pan of your choice (I use a large pizza pan with an edge) roll out the top crust. Put cooked apple mixture in PIE and then add the top crust. Beat the egg white with a fork and brush on top crust , sprinkle with a little sugar. Make the slits on the top crust. Treat it like an apple pie. Aria

I STAB the pumpkin and place in microwave. Then cut in half
remove seeds and there is your pumpkin to use...after I remove the
pumpkin meat I give the seeds to our chickens and give them the skin with a little pumpkin still on the skin...they love it. Cook
your pumpkin just like you would cook acorn squash in the micro.
JUST BE SURE YOU STAB AND STAB. Aria

Back
Top Bottom