Any Home Bakers Here?

I did make some fried apple pies today - didn't like the biscuits - the old type are no longer available says DH...so next time will have to make my own dough :(

really easy to do

Sourdough BISCUITS

1 tb Active Dry Yeast 1 c Sourdough starter
1 1/4 c Water-Lukewarm 5 c Bread flour
1/3 c Sugar Melted butter or Margarine
3/4 ts Salt

If you desire dissolve the yeast in warm water with a little sugar till bubbly. Sourdough is a yeast but rises faster with added commercial yeast. In a large mixing bowl add sugar, salt, sourdough starter, yeast and flour. Cover; set in warm spot and let rise until double. Punch down and turn out onto floured work surface. Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Dip both sides in butter or oil, and place on
well-greased baking sheet. Let rise 15 min.
Bake at 425 - 20 min. or until golden brown.

or love these huge hit here at home

The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls Ever!

Ingredients

• 2 cups warm milk
  • 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast
  • ¼ cup white granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
Instructions

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs.

2. Add in 5½ cups of flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed. Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be slightly sticky and soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.

3. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise 90 minutes.

4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and form into 24 rolls. Place on the greased baking sheet in six rows of four.

5. Cover and let rise 1 hour.

6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.

7. Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.

8. Serve the rolls warm, or to cool, let rest on the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Once cooled completely, store in a plastic bag.

really easy to do

Sourdough BISCUITS

1 tb Active Dry Yeast 1 c Sourdough starter
1 1/4 c Water-Lukewarm 5 c Bread flour
1/3 c Sugar Melted butter or Margarine
3/4 ts Salt

If you desire dissolve the yeast in warm water with a little sugar till bubbly. Sourdough is a yeast but rises faster with added commercial yeast. In a large mixing bowl add sugar, salt, sourdough starter, yeast and flour. Cover; set in warm spot and let rise until double. Punch down and turn out onto floured work surface. Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter. Dip both sides in butter or oil, and place on
well-greased baking sheet. Let rise 15 min.
Bake at 425 - 20 min. or until golden brown.

or love these huge hit here at home

The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls Ever!

Ingredients

• 2 cups warm milk
  • 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast
  • ¼ cup white granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
Instructions

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs.

2. Add in 5½ cups of flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed. Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be slightly sticky and soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.

3. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise 90 minutes.

4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and form into 24 rolls. Place on the greased baking sheet in six rows of four.

5. Cover and let rise 1 hour.

6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.

7. Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.

8. Serve the rolls warm, or to cool, let rest on the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Once cooled completely, store in a plastic bag.

Sounds great...I did let my starter go months ago and haven't replaced it yet:oops:

Me neither, and we always enjoyed them. Going to have to update my grocery list to get the stuff for them.

Thanks for the idea @Jacquie Button :thumbsup

Haha. Mine does this too! I just dont think of easy meals unless i am feelin puny. But 5hose are what he always gets nutty over. I am sure if they were every night it would be different. One of our favs is fruits, meats, cheeses, breads, crackers, dips if we have any on a tray and just eat from the tray. “Junk food” night is a hit here a y day of the week. And they love make your own pizza night.... tryin act like some chef boy ar dees.... lol!

Well, I got a laugh last night, I made that bread recipe again, it dind't want to rise, it's chilly in the house, so I popped it in my dehydrator on 95 degrees for a while until I got it risen some, it had only risen to the top of the pan and it's supposed to be about half an inch above, but it was late so I decided to heat the oven up and bake it anyway.... The darn thing rose so much in the oven that it actually hit the top! It was about 3 inches above the top of the pan! Tastes good, but it was funny how much it grew.

Back
Top Bottom