Any Home Bakers Here?

James and I made Pasta he read the directions then we started
actually was no too bad at all but thank you Ron with the trash burner stove we had to use more waterView attachment 1271183

They are lovely, good job.

It was the 3-2-1 cake posted by @wyoDreamer right here in this thread. #12314

Thanks, I missed that post. Hoping to try a mug cake today :)

I drove 80 miles round trip to bake with Mom today. I brought home this beautiful loaf of bread. We used the recipe she's had for the last 30ish years and it's perfect! Now I have the recipe too :yesss:View attachment 1272046 View attachment 1272047

Lovely loaves. And so special to still have your mom to bake with :)

the guys rarely cook James is always with me in the kitchen though
Richard is quite happy not to cook
That's how our younger son is - he likes to hang out in the kitchen with me. Every so often we team up and make something together, but he often just comes out to visit while I cook. Even when he's doing homework, he'll put his laptop on the edge of the counter, and watches me cook out of the corner of his eye. I have to be very careful not to get flour on his laptop! :)

That's how our younger son is - he likes to hang out in the kitchen with me. Every so often we team up and make something together, but he often just comes out to visit while I cook. Even when he's doing homework, he'll put his laptop on the edge of the counter, and watches me cook out of the corner of his eye. I have to be very careful not to get flour on his laptop! :)
Hi is learning still though!

That's so nice he hangs out in the kitchen with you! And even with just one eye on what you're doing, he's picking up a lot.

I've known adults that could not cook anything. They're the ones that take their kids out to eat every night and their kids don't learn how to cook.
:goodpost:I have said this on several occasions.
Cooking skills are passed down from generation to generation. The last generations flood the lobby's and Foyer's in local Restaurants, waiting for a table to become available.
Prior generations parents taught basic LIFE SKILLS such as cooking/baking/sewing. My mom cooked with me, her mom cooked with her, my Grandmother's mom cooked with her..............
Most of our friends teach their kids how to use a debit card at a restaurant now.
My close friend is one of these. I love her to death. She can't cook at all, or claims she has no time to. But she has plenty of time for facebook, netflix and being a text-a-holic. She is just spoiled by not having the burden of having to cook to survive. Her hubby makes an awesome salary. Eat out or take out, every night.
When Hurricane Irma whacked us, our town was shut down for a couple days. My friend had a panic attack because they couldn't go out to a restaurant for basic meals. My Hubby BBQ-ed them burgers and such for a couple days because we felt sorry for their 3 kids.
If you have an hour to kill waiting in the front lobby of olive garden waiting to be sat, that is plenty of time that could have been spent making supper for your family, proudly..
Buy a BBQ Grille for heaven's sake..

Back
Top Bottom