Any Home Bakers Here?

No, I didn’t expect it to crisp (canned bacon is still pliable). I just didn’t want to except it to be suitable for a dinner, but end up with ham salad. :thumbsup
It’s a spiral ham I was given as an Easter gift... 2017. It’s just over four pounds. I was afraid if I didn’t cook it soon, it would get freezer burned.
I just did some research and cured ham is not supposed to be canned. You can use fresh ham though.

There were a couple of exceptions for adding ham to split pea soup and another for adding to beans. There a couple of sites in the comments section that list sources for canning ham though

https://www.healthycanning.com/home-canning-cured-meats-bacon-brined-corned-ham-etc/

I wish I could do this. My sister-in-law made this wedding cake for a co-worker of hers. She is so talented.
View attachment 1481929
She Made this for a friend. View attachment 1481930

Hi cmom, nice to see you here! How's Florida? Your SIL sure is talented! I can bake cakes, but I can't decorate them. One of our regulars bakers here is a great decorator, @DigMyChicks does beautiful work too.

New to the thread!! Just wanted to say hey!!!!

Hey Audie, glad to have you over here with us bakers!

Hi cmom, nice to see you here! How's Florida? Your SIL sure is talented! I can bake cakes, but I can't decorate them. One of our regulars bakers here is a great decorator, @DigMyChicks does beautiful work too.

Hey Audie, glad to have you over here with us bakers!
I can frost and decorate a little. I let my youngest decorate though. She is very good at it!

Guess I admit frosting is not in our wheelhouse talking of the new RV must have full size fridge and Stove must have counter and yes my kitchen aid goes with .. right now need to bacon into a dinner
I would need my kitchenaid too!

Hey, @ronott1 , if I pressure can slices of ham, will it come out shredded like chicken, or okay like bacon?
spam can.gif
smiley_emoticons_vuvuzela_orange.gif

I once was given... I can’t remember if it was $50 or $80 for going into a bar, turning to the person to my right, and saying, “ Kiefer Sutherland is the worst actor in Hollywood, and he looks like a toad
smiley_emoticons_toadrevenge.gif
.”
Sadly, the last time I tried to watch “The Three Musketeers”, I actually realized that he is a terrible actor. :oops:
smiley_emoticons_tick.gif

Back
Top Bottom