Any Home Bakers Here?

I agree, I don't think I can eat bugs. If I was starving, maybe.

When I was doing research on bugs as feed for chickens for an article here, I found out that companies are researching how consumers feel about eating chicken that was raised on bugs; that blew my mind because chickens should be eating bugs.

Some companies are also researching bugs as a source of protein for humans in the future. There's a market for it already. A lot of bugs can be raised in your own home very easily and you can feed them with some of your kitchen waste, good for landfills. Black Soldier flies and mealworms specifically, but people raise crickets and grasshoppers too. Soy is in a lot of stuff in the grocery store. I've been surprised when I read labels.
1864645-70ebdf5d712e6c9cf42ba8f95c0b9c8f.gif

:duc

I agree, I don't think I can eat bugs. If I was starving, maybe.

When I was doing research on bugs as feed for chickens for an article here, I found out that companies are researching how consumers feel about eating chicken that was raised on bugs; that blew my mind because chickens should be eating bugs.

Some companies are also researching bugs as a source of protein for humans in the future. There's a market for it already. A lot of bugs can be raised in your own home very easily and you can feed them with some of your kitchen waste, good for landfills. Black Soldier flies and mealworms specifically, but people raise crickets and grasshoppers too. Soy is in a lot of stuff in the grocery store. I've been surprised when I read labels. View attachment 1963466
:duc
Purina is selling a layer feed that has some fly larvae in it. I still has soy beans though

Back
Top Bottom