Any Home Bakers Here?

happy late thanks giving to you guys in the states hope you had an awesome time with your family's and that turkey (you guys eat turkey for it like us right?) was good.

Usually we do have turkey for Thanksgiving. This time I had a prime rib. Last year I cooked a goose I took hunting.

That reminds me. I am planning on serving a goose I took this hunting season for Christmas or New Years Eve. I want to serve chestnut stuffing and figgy pudding with it. Do you guys know of anything else that goes well with goose? Mashed potatoes? A vegetable?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Jared

This isn't exactly as I remember but it was many years ago and I did use mashed potatoes.

SAUERKRAUT STUFFING FOR GOOSE
1 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. fat
2 lbs. sauerkraut, drained
1 c. raw shredded potato
1/2 tsp. caraway seed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. white wine
Cook onion in fat until tender. Combine cooked onion with rest of ingredients and mix well. Makes enough dressing for 8 to 10 pound goose.

Usually we do have turkey for Thanksgiving. This time I had a prime rib. Last year I cooked a goose I took hunting.

That reminds me. I am planning on serving a goose I took this hunting season for Christmas or New Years Eve. I want to serve chestnut stuffing and figgy pudding with it. Do you guys know of anything else that goes well with goose? Mashed potatoes? A vegetable?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Jared

I would think roasted vegetable medley would be nice with goose.

Hubby wants a ham for Christmas.

I'm thinking prime rib or a turkey ham ... I made a rib roast once with juniper berries and garlic cloves pressed into the scored fat on top. Oh, the aroma! The smell of Christmas! Don't seem to have the big, aromatic juniper berries around here. Sad, sad face!

I'm thinking prime rib or a turkey ham ... I made a rib roast once with juniper berries and garlic cloves pressed into the scored fat on top. Oh, the aroma! The smell of Christmas! Don't seem to have the big, aromatic juniper berries around here. Sad, sad face!

You can get them here:
t-searchresults.aspx

I love this spice company, been using them for years!

Back
Top Bottom