Any Home Bakers Here?

So went by my local fruit stand yesterday and decided to pull the trigger on the one pound bag of chia seeds, and other things for our breakfast smoothies. Well they had some perfectly good but ugly looking to the average consumer bananas in the back(free so I grabbed a double handfull). This isn't your standard banana type it just bruises easily and always looks ugly. Regardless here is the experiment for today:
https://simple-veganista.com/banana-chia-pudding/
DW has already been dipping into it(to verify its consistancy...) as we are in the 6 hour mandatory cool down period. She says it is already good. My plan is to eat it with mango and banana slices.
That looks good. Does the chia seed get soft, or remain crunchy?

That looks good. Does the chia seed get soft, or remain crunchy?
It gets soft and gelatinous, however at the 6 hour mark it is a bit soupy so I think it needs more seeds added to get a pudding thing going. We will see how it sets up overnight, but is incredibly tasty possibly one more banana would have helped too. Regarding the leftover seed bit it doesn't hurt my teeth and they skew sensitive.

It gets soft and gelatinous, however at the 6 hour mark it is a bit soupy so I think it needs more seeds added to get a pudding thing going. We will see how it sets up overnight, but is incredibly tasty possibly one more banana would have helped too. Regarding the leftover seed bit it doesn't hurt my teeth and they skew sensitive.
I hope it's a proper pudding by tomorrow. It's looks so good.

Back
Top Bottom