Any Home Bakers Here?

Two meats? Igor heaven. Care to share a recipe?
I was rearranging my freezer....had small amount of beef stew and
small amount of Pork Stew. I heat my Dutch Oven Pan
add Extra Virgin Olive Oil cover the
bottom of the pan about 1 or 2 T
dice one onion and 2 cloves of garlic saute
Combine the stew meat and coat with AP Flour add to the Pot
peel and cut into squares 2 russet potatoes
2 carrots cut small pieces
2 stalks of celery small slices
After all combined STIR and then add your spices, seasonings
I used: sprinkles of a lot of herbs rosemary, coriander, curry powder, ginger, cumin, black pepper, pink himalayan salt.
Add one small glass of white wine
2 cups of boiling water with 1 heaping teaspoon of Premium Beef
base Better than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base
STIR...and place in Crock Pot....cook for 4 hours on high

I make a variety of soups or stews with leftover meat potato and ham or anything else
one of BF happiest is I do not make super soupy he likes it like a stew thick and so easy to use a bit of cornstarch not changing the texture or taste So this was dinner here
002.jpg

I make a variety of soups or stews with leftover meat potato and ham or anything else
one of BF happiest is I do not make super soupy he likes it like a stew thick and so easy to use a bit of cornstarch not changing the texture or taste So this was dinner here View attachment 1974868
This question is kind of out of left field, but - is that a Libbey Gibraltar glass holding your milk in the pic? I've heard they are very sturdy, and been thinking about buying some in one of the larger sizes. All of my sets of glasses have been mysteriously reduced, and I really need a good stout set.

I would love to know what you think of it. We get a lot of very fresh salmon here, so this is a regular dish around here.
I bet, you're lucky! Salmon is one of our staples. I love it on the bbq.
I was rearranging my freezer....had small amount of beef stew and
small amount of Pork Stew. I heat my Dutch Oven Pan
add Extra Virgin Olive Oil cover the
bottom of the pan about 1 or 2 T
dice one onion and 2 cloves of garlic saute
Combine the stew meat and coat with AP Flour add to the Pot
peel and cut into squares 2 russet potatoes
2 carrots cut small pieces
2 stalks of celery small slices
After all combined STIR and then add your spices, seasonings
I used: sprinkles of a lot of herbs rosemary, coriander, curry powder, ginger, cumin, black pepper, pink himalayan salt.
Add one small glass of white wine
2 cups of boiling water with 1 heaping teaspoon of Premium Beef
base Better than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base
STIR...and place in Crock Pot....cook for 4 hours on high
Bookmarked that, thank you! I never thought of combining different stews but it would take care of the leftovers for sure.
one of BF happiest is I do not make super soupy he likes it like a stew thick and so easy to use a bit of cornstarch not changing the texture or taste So this was dinner here View attachment 1974868

Igor is the same way. He said his mom always made thin soups and he hates them. If it's not thick like a stew it has to have a lot of stuff in it to make up for that.

I bet, you're lucky! Salmon is one of our staples. I love it on the bbq.

Bookmarked that, thank you! I never thought of combining different stews but it would take care of the leftovers for sure.

Igor is the same way. He said his mom always made thin soups and he hates them. If it's not thick like a stew it has to have a lot of stuff in it to make up for that.
Do you make cream soups? It is fairly easy. After frying the onion and celery, add 1\4 cup of flour and let it cook for a minute or so and then add the cooking liquid in the recipe. The soup will thicken and if you want, add a half a cup of cream, milk or half and half at the end.

I guess I started using the water and cornstarch thinking it was better for BF and diabetes
but use allot of veggies for the same reason
I doubt there is much difference for diabetes between AP flour and corn starch. Flour will hold it's thickening longer than corn starch.

Diabetics need to eat good carbs like AP flour. Bad carbs are sugar and other simple carbs

Back
Top Bottom