Any Home Bakers Here?

Thanks! The pullman loaf pans make great sandwich bread. I bought the large size, so obviously I need to use more dough to get that iconic squared-off look.

Wondering how many loaves of bread in the freezer is too much ...
We are looking for the 1 lb tins. King Arthur flour definitely has the one that we're looking at the most. They all make four by fours and different lengths 9,13,and 16 in for the one pound versus the 1.5 pound versus the 2 lb. The thing with that is we can run the little Breville off a generator or inverter as needed should we lose power or experience a hurricane or whatever. In those circumstances we can still always have fresh bread.

Anybody work with fondant? I'm looking for a recipe that actually tastes good. I've used the marshmallow fondant recipes but, and maybe it's just me, I'm still not sold on the taste.
My daughters have worked with fondant. It tasted ok but like you is not my favorite thing to eat.

From watching the cooking competitions, it seems the best thing to do is to make the fondant as thin as possible

We are looking for the 1 lb tins. King Arthur flour definitely has the one that we're looking at the most. They all make four by fours and different lengths 9,13,and 16 in for the one pound versus the 1.5 pound versus the 2 lb. The thing with that is we can run the little Breville off a generator or inverter as needed should we lose power or experience a hurricane or whatever. In those circumstances we can still always have fresh bread.
My pan is the 13-inch size. In hindsight, I should have bought the smaller size. My DH is the one who eats the bread around here, and it would have made better sense. Hindsight is always 20-20. LOL! Thinking that I'll start gifting fresh bread to friends. It's always nice to have fresh home baked bread!

My daughters have worked with fondant. It tasted ok but like you is not my favorite thing to eat.
Is that the stuff they use to make all the fancy decorations on cakes? If so :sick ,I ask for a piece with the least amount of decoration and pretty much don't eat the decoration I might happen to get. I can appreciate the work and art of making the "pretties" but maybe some nice silk flowers could be used instead.

My pan is the 13-inch size. In hindsight, I should have bought the smaller size. My DH is the one who eats the bread around here, and it would have made better sense. Hindsight is always 20-20. LOL! Thinking that I'll start gifting fresh bread to friends. It's always nice to have fresh home baked bread!

Fresh bread is always a welcome gift. I don't think many people make it any more.

Back
Top Bottom