Any Home Bakers Here?

Yup have like 3 replace them yearly
And stupid expensive. Not because of the epinephrine, that is super cheap. It is the patented auto injector. No reason they couldn't seriously drop the price of such a necessary life saving thing especially given the 1 year shelf life.

We are allowed to cook roadkill here now too!
Yum!!!!
:sick
I have yet to attempt the rye again...
I like rye, haven't tried to make it.

The insanity seems to have even reached here. No bread in the stores.

At least I was able to get a pork roast on sale at $0.89/lb. That and the frozen green chili I have is going to turn into Green Chili and Pork. I will make a pot of pinto beans to go along with it. Fortunately the store did have some tortillas even if they aren't my preferred brand.

Marie Callendar pot pies were on sale and I witnessed an old couple completely filling their cart with them.

The craziness is definitely here south of you Bob. I went to the store this morning (hadn't been for a week) and it looked like it had been ravaged by pillaging hoards. Poor employees were trying to restock as quickly as they could, but they all looked exhausted. I wasn't surprised that paper towels, tp, hand soap, bread and the like was out (didn't need it anyway), but what did surprise me was no flour. Zero flour of any brand in any size bag. What's up with that, is everyone going to be making their own bread at home now? Weird.

The craziness is definitely here south of you Bob. I went to the store this morning (hadn't been for a week) and it looked like it had been ravaged by pillaging hoards. Poor employees were trying to restock as quickly as they could, but they all looked exhausted. I wasn't surprised that paper towels, tp, hand soap, bread and the like was out (didn't need it anyway), but what did surprise me was no flour. Zero flour of any brand in any size bag. What's up with that, is everyone going to be making their own bread at home now? Weird.
Yep! Youtube will teach them to make bread!

Yeast is reported to be in short supply too

Yep! Youtube will teach them to make bread!

Yeast is reported to be in short supply too

We can do all things with Youtube :gig

I have plenty of yeast and about 2 lbs. of flour. I'm going to see if DH can find a bag for me up in Casper. There are more stores to check out there than we have down here.

The insanity seems to have even reached here. No bread in the stores.

At least I was able to get a pork roast on sale at $0.89/lb. That and the frozen green chili I have is going to turn into Green Chili and Pork. I will make a pot of pinto beans to go along with it. Fortunately the store did have some tortillas even if they aren't my preferred brand.

Marie Callendar pot pies were on sale and I witnessed an old couple completely filling their cart with them.
I've never bought a M. Callendar pot pie in the store, but what they serve in the restaurant is delicious.

I've never bought a M. Callendar pot pie in the store, but what they serve in the restaurant is delicious.

I actually like their pot pies (yum, chicken pot pie). We don't usually have pre-made frozen meals here but I'll occasionally pick up one of those to have when DH is gone & I don't feel like cooking.

Back
Top Bottom