Any Home Bakers Here?

I wonder if they dropped the sodium when they did that. Haven't bought one in probably well over 5 years so I don't know if I would still like them. We used to go to Marie's when I lived in Downey, CA most of the first 23 years of my life. One of the original restaurants I think. Love cherry pie!
The original restaurant was in Orange County! We used to go there all the time! I wish I could remember exactly where, but that was a long time ago. :lol: It opened in the early 60's.

Well I think it is a good thing I started making sourdough a few weeks ago!
Fortunately I bought the "next size up" bag of KA AP flour last time since the five pounders weren't lasting long. Turns out the "next size" was 25 pounds! I might go through it faster than I originally thought.

Fortunately I have my sourdough starter so no yeast needed.

Used to eat them a lot ... then I read the nutrition info and saw how much sodium was in those little pot pies!

I wonder if they dropped the sodium when they did that. Haven't bought one in probably well over 5 years so I don't know if I would still like them. We used to go to Marie's when I lived in Downey, CA most of the first 23 years of my life. One of the original restaurants I think. Love cherry pie!
Last weekend I dried a batch and now have about 75G. I can give out 7 starts!

I'm going to try to make my own starter. If it doesn't work I might like to try yours. That is if you would want to give it to a starter murderer. I killed the one Penny Jo gave me. :oops:
As soon as you get it going, dry some and save it. It lasts forever that way!

I will be working on an article and will have instructions for drying the starter

I ate my first one the other day. It was good but not delicious. Nice chunks of meat though.

That's the most accurate description I've read, good but not delicious. My experience with them too.
The original restaurant was in Orange County! We used to go there all the time! I wish I could remember exactly where, but that was a long time ago. :lol: It opened in the early 60's.
My family used to go there when I was a kid because my dad loved their dessert pies.

That's the most accurate description I've read, good but not delicious. My experience with them too.

My family used to go there when I was a kid because my dad loved their dessert pies.
We went there for the pie too. In fact, most of the time that is the only thing we went there for. I love their fresh strawberry and peach pies, although those came much later. They used to have the best rolled crusts. But, now I think they are pressed and just not as good. Something changed. I don't make pie, so I can't be sure what it is.

I'm going to try to make my own starter. If it doesn't work I might like to try yours. That is if you would want to give it to a starter murderer. I killed the one Penny Jo gave me. :oops:
Lol, he sent me a start, I pi**ed it off and it turned pepto bismol pink on me! I got the sucker calmed back down and it is now in my freezer where it's not going to turn weird colors again (hopefully)

We went there for the pie too. In fact, most of the time that is the only thing we went there for. I love their fresh strawberry and peach pies, although those came much later. They used to have the best rolled crusts. But, now I think they are pressed and just not as good. Something changed. I don't make pie, so I can't be sure what it is.
I am not a fan of sweet pies. Give me a homemade chicken or beef pot pie and I'm on it.

Back
Top Bottom