Any Home Bakers Here?

I accidentally made birthday cake flavored pancakes. I usually add a little extra sugar, and add a splash of vanilla extract for added flavor. Today I skipped the 1 1/4 C milk, and added one cup of water with 1/4 C vanilla coffee creamer. I was just improvising since grocery stores are dangerous and bare.

I accidentally made birthday cake flavored pancakes. I usually add a little extra sugar, and add a splash of vanilla extract for added flavor. Today I skipped the 1 1/4 C milk, and added one cup of water with 1/4 C vanilla coffee creamer. I was just improvising since grocery stores are dangerous and bare.

Did you like the b-day cake flavor?

Next time add sprinkles :lol:

Sounds like fun!

I bet they were very good!

We have a Hobart mixer at the golf course restaurant. Bought it new when I was making all the sandwich buns and such. It IS a beast, but man, that's a great mixer that powers through a lot of dough. Not really practical for just home use, but great fun to use for volume. A Hobart mixer makes a KA mixer look like a kiddy toy.
I used some commercial equipment when I worked at a restaurant years ago. As Head busboy I did some of the food prep and worked with the baker when I could sneak over to her station!

October 1st of last year, I made pickled asparagus.

I finally found it in the depths of the abyss known as my garage.

I took it out, I decided to try steaming it. Tastes just like regular asparagus, but with a slight vinegar taste.

This gives me an idea. I wonder if you can use pickled foods, like pickled onions, Pickled peppers, and more in regular recipes. Just cook the recipes normally, but with some canned pickled ingredients.

It would be a good experiment to try....

Did you like the b-day cake flavor?

Next time add sprinkles :lol:
I actually thought about sprinkles. :lol: Did I like them? Well, mine didn’t make it past the kitchen, and Duckling just started on another stack.

I took it out, I decided to try steaming it. Tastes just like regular asparagus, but with a slight vinegar taste.

This gives me an idea. I wonder if you can use pickled foods, like pickled onions, Pickled peppers, and more in regular recipes. Just cook the recipes normally, but with some canned pickled ingredients.

Yes, that was the way it was originally done to my understanding.
I know you’ve had a tough time lately. :hugs I’m so sorry.

I think it depends on the pickling spices and how they interact with your recipe. Some of our best meals around here have been experiments. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom