Any Home Bakers Here?

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_173832530.jpg
    IMG_20200325_173832530.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 5
Full disclosure that I did not wait the full 24 hours for my potato starter to be done, nor did I feed it before I used it; I didn't know if I should but I don't think so. I found the starter to be very thin which meant I had to use a lot more flour than the recipe called for to get a workable dough. One thing I learned is that if the tea towel dries out and sticks to the top of the dough, a spritz of water from a spray bottle will help separate the two without damaging the dough. Another thing is to be careful of the amount of eggwash you use :gig The taste is good but not amazing. Certainly edible and now I'm wondering what results I'd get without using the commercial yeast to get the thing going. Anyway, here's some pics. I made 10 buns. View attachment 2062216View attachment 2062217View attachment 2062218

Those look great could use a sandwich little pbj there

I've never cooked duck. I would think it would be pretty well overdone after boiling the fat out. Is it larch chunks of fat that you could pull out instead?

First you need to know that I'm a Duck and Goose Hunter.

From my experience, if you don't drain the fat out, you get a fatty taste in the meat. It's all a matter of cooking it at the right temperature, for the right amount of time, and draining the fat out. That's why I did the intense math. Each duck weighs a different weight, wild or farm.

This duck for example weighs 6.6 pounds. I poke holes ALL over the skin so fat drains out during cooking also.

You can pull fat out, but it needs to drain also.

I hope this answers your question.

Those look yummy!
And they TASTE yummy. This was a recipe I had from Italy a gal that has
Fantastic Recipes. This is the first time made. I will make them again.
Of course I made changes to HER recipe. This one is my recipe with changes: I made 16 she made 8...I thought they were too large....I used
oil instead of butter...easier to add to dough no bother to melt....and I
decreased the sugar and added more flour. I did not realize I made so
many changes. BUT, I will be making My recipe again. Floyd loves them.
I enjoyed them too. Aria

Full disclosure that I did not wait the full 24 hours for my potato starter to be done, nor did I feed it before I used it; I didn't know if I should but I don't think so. I found the starter to be very thin which meant I had to use a lot more flour than the recipe called for to get a workable dough. One thing I learned is that if the tea towel dries out and sticks to the top of the dough, a spritz of water from a spray bottle will help separate the two without damaging the dough. Another thing is to be careful of the amount of eggwash you use :gig The taste is good but not amazing. Certainly edible and now I'm wondering what results I'd get without using the commercial yeast to get the thing going. Anyway, here's some pics. I made 10 buns. View attachment 2062216View attachment 2062217View attachment 2062218
IM, The look delicious and a nice texture. GREAT. You just may be IN
to Sourdough. Aria

First you need to know that I'm a Duck and Goose Hunter.

From my experience, if you don't drain the fat out, you get a fatty taste in the meat. It's all a matter of cooking it at the right temperature, for the right amount of time, and draining the fat out. That's why I did the intense math. Each duck weighs a different weight, wild or farm.

This duck for example weighs 6.6 pounds. I poke holes ALL over the skin so fat drains out during cooking also.

You can pull fat out, but it needs to drain also.

I hope this answers your question.
Respectfully I would love to see the math. Hopefully you haven't posted it previously making me look like a doofus.

Back
Top Bottom