Any Home Bakers Here?

Nope, fridge is dead. It is probably about 12-13 years old and moved across country from Wyoming to Wisconsin with us so not a huge surprise, but it still sucks. Most of the stuff I threw out was partial packets of frozen veggies and bananas for breakfast smoothies, lol.
As I was cleaning out the freezer drawers, I did find some stuff in a plastic bin that still had a little frost in it so I threw that stuff back into the big freezer. So I managed to save 4 mini-meatloaves (yum), 2 chicken enchiladas for DH and 3 packs of Sloppy-Joes. So 9 lunches saved, lol. There was over a pound of chicken breasts (3 to 6 ounce packages) and 2 pounds of ground beef that were completely defrosted so I threw that all in a big pot with water and cooked it up. Canning it for dog food today - so not a complete loss. Dogs love them some toppings!

Nope, fridge is dead. It is probably about 12-13 years old and moved across country from Wyoming to Wisconsin with us so not a huge surprise, but it still sucks. Most of the stuff I threw out was partial packets of frozen veggies and bananas for breakfast smoothies, lol.
As I was cleaning out the freezer drawers, I did find some stuff in a plastic bin that still had a little frost in it so I threw that stuff back into the big freezer. So I managed to save 4 mini-meatloaves (yum), 2 chicken enchiladas for DH and 3 packs of Sloppy-Joes. So 9 lunches saved, lol. There was over a pound of chicken breasts (3 to 6 ounce packages) and 2 pounds of ground beef that were completely defrosted so I threw that all in a big pot with water and cooked it up. Canning it for dog food today - so not a complete loss. Dogs love them some toppings!

Bummer, sorry to hear that. Had that happen once. Lost a black bear hide I was going to get tanned that way.

Fortunately, that was AFTER the mandatory check requirement.

I have read that Appliances can be hard to get due to shortages. I hope you fine a nice ner refrigerator!

Did you already have COVID?
Honestly I don’t know. I never showed symptoms but it’s possible I had it and was asymptotic since we strongly suspect my mom had it and I was her caregiver while she was sick. (Tests ruled out flu, strep, etc) Unfortunately this was before testing became available in our state so no way to know for sure.

fridge is dead. It is probably about 12-13 years old
When we moved in, we bought a washer, dryer, and refrigerator, all used, installed, for $500. That was in 1996. We have replaced the washer and done some repairs to the dryer. The fridge is still running just fine. The stove and dishwasher that were here when we moved in are still working too. They are original to the house when it was built in 1980. I don't expect we will ever get that lucky with appliances again.

Honestly I don’t know. I never showed symptoms but it’s possible I had it and was asymptotic since we strongly suspect my mom had it and I was her caregiver while she was sick. (Tests ruled out flu, strep, etc) Unfortunately this was before testing became available in our state so no way to know for sure.
One article I read said that those that had covid can have more of a reaction with the first injection.

Your second one should not be as bad. I go in for my second injection of Moderna next Saturday. Hopefully it will not have much of a reaction!

Back
Top Bottom