Any Home Bakers Here?

Jared, Ron is a MASTER BAKER and KNOWS his
Sourdough. He helped me save mine. GREAT. I
like to keep my sourdough a bit thicker. Seems to
stay well and fit. Happy Sourdough Baking. Aria

Thank you. You know, my grandfather on my mom side is a master baker also. He was a professional chef all his life. He’s giving me several tips of my life.

Anyway, right now I am watching the ballet The Rite of Spring. It’s starting to grow on me. When I first saw it, I was like “what the heck is this? This is not ballet!”

Now, I like it.

Soon as the ballet is done, I’m going to be cleaning house, not sure what I will bake today. I will try to bake for the recipe photo contest.

Thank you. You know, my grandfather on my mom side is a master baker also. He was a professional chef all his life. He’s giving me several tips of my life.

Anyway, right now I am watching the ballet The Rite of Spring. It’s starting to grow on me. When I first saw it, I was like “what the heck is this? This is not ballet!”

Now, I like it.

Soon as the ballet is done, I’m going to be cleaning house, not sure what I will bake today. I will try to bake for the recipe photo contest.
Jared, I have 2 Sourdough Multigrain Seeded loaves rising to bake soon. I do this weekly for
my neighbors. You know the drill. ENJOY. Aria

Doesn't qualify as baking as of yet, but I made some mozarella cheese with just vinegar, and although it didn't quite turn out as mozarella (it's super creamy, although last night it did stretch nicely; but it does melt beautifully), was thinking of using it later for pizza, made flour tortillas this morning and made quesadillas yum!!!
Will make some bread later on in the day (I use one single recipe for sandwich bread, challah bread and some sweet breads with apple filling - have to finish off our apple harvest before they go bad; will probably make apple pie too :D). I'll try to post pics later on ;).

It all sounds wonderful.

Sounds like a very good start for winter.

I miss the the cold weather and snow, although I don't miss the ice.

Good Lord! Hope y'all stay safe!

Does anyone have tips for making ice cream cakes? My birthday is on Wednesday and I thought, why not try making an ice cream cake? I just went out and got a quart of Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip (the best) ice cream and I was going to just put it in a pan with some yellow cake, but I wanted to see if anyone had any cautions before I make a plan.

Wouldn't that be similar to Baked Alaska?

Yikes! And we are going to be pushing 90 again the next day or two! 😵

That sounds wonderful to me.

In six months I will be 77.

Age is just another number.
Yeah stay safe and warm. I'm so glad we don't live so far up north. Today's high will be around 70 and the low 53.

My temperature today is sunny and 84.

Welcome to the Bakers thread.

Back
Top Bottom