Any Home Bakers Here?

They're SINGING!!!!!!! View attachment 2925689
The one on the right was in the shallow pan with a tinfoil cover. I think the tinfoil squashed it a bit, but what else could I do?
This is my system for getting the dough into the pans (parchment paper cut into circles with "handles"):
View attachment 2925691
Also.....
View attachment 2925690
This oven mitt was only good for baking... cookies, I guess?
Ooh, magnifique! How did you get those beautiful leaf patterns on the sides? ❤️❤️❤️

I'm pretty sure most of us consider waiting 5 minutes or more as "cooled" (aka we are all impatient and love a fresh warm/hot slice of bread)!
That’s how I’ve always done in the past. But somewhere - on here, I think - I read recently that it’s better to let it cool completely before cutting. Like overnight “completely.”

My last two loaves, that’s what I did. It does seem to make a difference.

I have the same pan. The guy who invented the Champlain Bread has the same pan and uses the "frying pan" lid as the bottom for the bread.

Yay!!! Really nice looking!

Cut? Heck I'm too lazy for that, I just cut a piece big enough to have "handles" and let the rest hang out.
I used to do that, but the folds I was too lazy to flatten sometimes got baked into the bread. I just keep reusing these until tey are no longer reusable.
The ove gloves I have handle the high heat well!
I have two, well, one is an off brand, but they are used to pull stuff out of the oven. This oven mitt was used as a potholder...
Ooh, magnifique! How did you get those beautiful leaf patterns on the sides? ❤️❤️❤️
First I make the little top slash. Then five-ish diagonal slashes descending on each side of that. (If that doesn't make sense, I can try to find a video of diagram of it being done)
That’s how I’ve always done in the past. But somewhere - on here, I think - I read recently that it’s better to let it cool completely before cutting. Like overnight “completely.”

My last two loaves, that’s what I did. It does seem to make a difference.
I can't help myself... I don't even think we waited 5 minutes before cutting into these! Deeeeeelicious!
DA2D5C33-42E1-433C-BE1F-DFA8D434DBBD.jpeg

I spent a decent amount of time scraping the melted oven mitt off my cast iron pan... there's still some teal color left on it... I might just have a campfire tomorrow and burn it off... any suggestions?

Also, what kind of useful is an oven mitt that can only handle 350°?!:confused::confused::confused:

You must have a very sharp blade!
I do. I bought these last year, along with some wooden coffee stirrers to use as handles, and I'm still on the first of both. I store all of the blades in an old plastic 5 Gum case.
53D7B875-547D-4B13-9029-5B226F23F5E3.jpeg

I use the stick as a handle when it is stored (so I'm not dumping a super sharp blade into my hand), but I prefer to use an unbent blade to do my scoring.

I used to do that, but the folds I was too lazy to flatten sometimes got baked into the bread. I just keep reusing these until tey are no longer reusable.

I have two, well, one is an off brand, but they are used to pull stuff out of the oven. This oven mitt was used as a potholder...

First I make the little top slash. Then five-ish diagonal slashes descending on each side of that. (If that doesn't make sense, I can try to find a video of diagram of it being done)

I can't help myself... I don't even think we waited 5 minutes before cutting into these! Deeeeeelicious!
View attachment 2926364
I spent a decent amount of time scraping the melted oven mitt off my cast iron pan... there's still some teal color left on it... I might just have a campfire tomorrow and burn it off... any suggestions?

Also, what kind of useful is an oven mitt that can only handle 350°?!:confused::confused::confused:
I would try some goo gone

I do. I bought these last year, along with some wooden coffee stirrers to use as handles, and I'm still on the first of both. I store all of the blades in an old plastic 5 Gum case.
View attachment 2926679
I use the stick as a handle when it is stored (so I'm not dumping a super sharp blade into my hand), but I prefer to use an unbent blade to do my scoring.
Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom