Any Home Bakers Here?

There is a solution to leftovers.:drool:drool:drool Just need to get creative. Consider what we had for lunch today. Done in very short time. This is technically baking..
View attachment 2991347View attachment 2991348
These are mini pizzas. :drool:drool:drool There is no recipe needed,,
Start out with Flour Tortillas. (@Sally PB , Corn tortillas also good)
Purchased from store;
These were 7 inch diameter. Caseras. For larger pizzas, get the Burrito tortilla wraps. They are the largest. Corn Tortillas are generally taco size, and smaller. Just make smaller pizzas, and more of them:idunno
Spaghetti sauce, or Marinara on base. Top with whatever goodies you have leftover. Dust with dry seasonings. (I used Italian Seasoning) Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese,, or whatever other you have shredded. Place on cookie sheet. Into oven @350°F until cheese is melted. and slightly tanned :old All your ingredients are already pre-cooked to start out.
My ingredients today: Mushrooms, chopped Pepperoni, Olives, Diced potatoes,(leftover cooked) Diced onion, Leftover chili (thick, not soupy) Mozzarella cheese. Seasonings.

Makes a different kind of food every-time there are different ingredients :thumbsup
Lol, my dad used to make something he called Mulligan Stew. All leftovers went in a pot. Could be spaghetti, mashed potatoes, beans ... anything! Sometimes it was quite good. Other times, eh ...

Baked Kaiser Rolls today. Used @Aria recipe. Link here.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-home-bakers-here.921333/post-25115057

I cut recipe in half.
Play by play. Consistency of my dough shown after kneading stopped.

IMG_20220212_172428_4.jpg

Don't have a Kaiser roll cutter, so using this method I seen on Martha Stewart, video.

IMG_20220212_184614_8.jpg

Brushed Olive oil on cookie sheet. Dusted with Farina. Arranged rolls,, brushed with milk,, sprinkled Roasted Sunflower Kernels on top. The half quantity recipe makes 8. I just divided my dough slightly smaller, and made 10.
IMG_20220212_193536_9.jpg

Baked for 16 minutes @ 400°F,, Looked tanned enough so I took out and let cool.
IMG_20220212_200445_8.jpg

Went with Cream Cheese, and Blueberry preserve when still warm:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20220212_210421_1.jpg
Followed by a Ham and Swiss:drool:drool:drool ,, The buns were amazingly soft and fluffy inside :thumbsup
IMG_20220212_215716_0.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-home-bakers-here.921333/post-25115057

I cut recipe in half.

View attachment 2992312
Don't have a Kaiser roll cutter, so using this method I seen on Martha Stewart, video.

View attachment 2992313
Brushed Olive oil on cookie sheet. Dusted with Farina. Arranged rolls,, brushed with milk,, sprinkled Roasted Sunflower Kernels on top. The half quantity recipe makes 8. I just divided my dough slightly smaller, and made 10.
View attachment 2992314
View attachment 2992315
Went with Cream Cheese, and Blueberry preserve when still warm:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 2992316Followed by a Ham and Swiss:drool:drool:drool ,, The buns were amazingly soft and fluffy inside :thumbsup View attachment 2992317
Those look absolutely yummy :drool

I cut recipe in half.

View attachment 2992312

View attachment 2992313
View attachment 2992314
View attachment 2992315
View attachment 2992316Followed by a Ham and Swiss:drool:drool:drool ,, The buns were amazingly soft and fluffy inside :thumbsup View attachment 2992317
Beautiful!

Oh, those look so good!!

I had to make more Brioche buns yesterday, and like you, I also did a half recipe. I always use weight instead of cup measurements now, and it was so easy to figure everything out. Recipe calls for one egg and the yolk of another. My scrambled up egg plus yolk weighed 60 grams - throw 30 grams in the dough and I was off and running! I used what was left for the egg wash on top.

Why oh why was I always so afraid of weighing ingredients out before? If I saw a recipe I thought I’d like to try but the ingredients were in grams, I passed it up…..even though I have had a kitchen scale for years. All I ever used it for before was when I’d buy sausage or burger in bulk and wanted to divide it into 1 pound packages for the freezer, or weigh a giant egg out of curiosity. I didn’t use gram measurements until last year when I started making sourdough. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?

Bakers good morning one and all!

The temperature is 63 and mostly cloudy.

Have a great day!
I always envy your temps! It is bright and sunny here, started out in the low 20's, now right at the freezing mark. Supposed to get into the 50's later this week, that'll be nice, but the warmer wrather brings possible showers.

Back
Top Bottom