Any Home Bakers Here?

VERY frustrated and ANGRY tonight because of many reasons. Some reasons are baking related, some are not.

I hate my life. Keep in mind, I am NOT thinking about ending it. I just hate my life.

Been there many times. And worse. We just have to keep plodding on. Life can be so unfair, hard, utterly rubbish. But theres small moments that are beautiful. Find those small moments, keep plodding on till the next one comes along.

Been there many times. And worse.
Me too. It is a lonely, dark, scary place. We're here for you, if you want to talk.

As corny as it sounds, a walk in the fresh air helps me. Especially with some sunshine. Even if it's cloudy, though, a brisk 30 minute walk usually makes me feel better. And, yeah, I know how trite this sounds.

You tried, you learned.
That's what DH said. :)
Bummer about the crust. Good thing I got caught in traffic huh?

I've tried a couple of "easy" GF crusts without good results. (The recipe labeled them easy...they should have been labeled cardboard)

Going to try making a full on traditional pizza crust soon. If it's even half what the focaccia was then it should be good. **fingers crossed **
I almost called you to say, never mind, it isn't worth the trip. :gig

Can you post your focaccia bread recipe? I'd like to try that.

VERY frustrated and ANGRY tonight because of many reasons. Some reasons are baking related, some are not.

I hate my life. Keep in mind, I am NOT thinking about ending it. I just hate my life.
I totally get it! U are NOT alone in these feelings...nor circumstances.
Here if ya ever wanna chat bout it to a stranger.

It’s our 54th anniversary today….well, not really today but we won’t have a real one until 2024. Anyway, we were up in Billings Saturday and ate at the Texas Roadhouse. There are only 2 nice restaurants around here and they’re both closed on Mondays so we knew we couldn’t go out to celebrate today.

I just asked him what he’d like to do for dinner tonight. “Goulash and homemade bread.” Seriously?? Goulash?? Not counting today how long have we been married?!

Happy Anniversary!

Most people don't make it this far any more.

I have 53 years with the same ole man.

Happy Anniversary again!!!!

I almost called you to say, never mind, it isn't worth the trip. :gig

Can you post your focaccia bread recipe? I'd like to try that.
:lol:

Sure, I have several and will post the one I made, with pics, and the flour mix it's based on.

I have quite a few good books, if you let me know what flour mix you are working with I can see if there is a recipe specific to that mix too.

....and this is when most people are like Whaaa?
Five different flour mixtures to make the same thing, but 5 different ways. And this recipe method is not interchangeable with that flour mix. :hmm

....and this is when most people are like Whaaa?
Five different flour mixtures to make the same thing, but 5 different ways. And this recipe method is not interchangeable with that flour mix.
Yeah.

I'm still experimenting/learning about using different flours. I buy Namaste brand at Costco, since it's (relatively) cheap, for a GF. Here are its ingredients: Sweet brown rice flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, sorghum flour and xanthan gum.

For my sourdough, I feed it half and half brown rice/oat flours that I grind at home, because, well, they're cheap. I have purchased tapioca and sorghum flours to use, since so many recipes call for those. The starter seems to like the brown rice/oat mix well enough. The discard makes a tasty pancake too.

Yeah.

I'm still experimenting/learning about using different flours. I buy Namaste brand at Costco, since it's (relatively) cheap, for a GF. Here are its ingredients: Sweet brown rice flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, sorghum flour and xanthan gum.

For my sourdough, I feed it half and half brown rice/oat flours that I grind at home, because, well, they're cheap. I have purchased tapioca and sorghum flours to use, since so many recipes call for those. The starter seems to like the brown rice/oat mix well enough. The discard makes a tasty pancake too.
Ok.
One of my books says brown rice flour is good for pizza crusts because it's more coarse than most other gf flours. I haven't make a good traditional pizza crust yet, but based on my experience with brown rice based gf flours that makes sense to me.

I'll pull my books and snapshot some recipes.

For some things I like to use a basic millet and sorghum mix, others the basic brown rice mix, and for breads something I made up myself.

The lighter flours like tapioca, potato starch, and cornstarch are a pain to work with (powder goes everywhere and gets on everything) but they really help add lightness and structure so I suck it up and make big batches of GF mixes that I store in the fridge for quicker baking. Then spend an annoying amount of time trying to get all the fluff cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom