Any Home Bakers Here?

Hey everyone, I have a question. I have a whole bunch of dandelions growing in my front yard. I was doing some research about how to take care of them, when I came across a few articles that said they were edible.

Is this true? Are dandelions edible?
I've heard they are edible and I used to know someone who made dandelion wine. Years ago though and I have no idea how. I know a friend of mine really got into edible flowers and get me to try some, but they just weren't appealing to me. I'd rather look at violets than eat them.
I will suck on honeysuckle and have put lavender buds in things before.

Hey everyone, I have a question. I have a whole bunch of dandelions growing in my front yard. I was doing some research about how to take care of them, when I came across a few articles that said they were edible.

I use them in salads allot.

They sure are. At McDonald's in my area they were included in the salad at times. Not recently.
You eat the leaves as fresh salad. I don't know about making wine,, but maybe from the flowers :idunno
Dandelions came to the New World when the pilgrims brought the seeds from Europe. It was a security item so they would not starve. Little did they know how annoying the plant would turn out to be.

Back
Top Bottom