Any Home Bakers Here?

I baked two Sourdough Honey Oat LARGE LOAVES
Saturday. Family visiting.
Aria,,,, I have used your recipe in the past,,,, but used yeast instead of sourdough starter. Bread came out DELICIOUS:drool
My sourdough starter at that time was weak,, and the rise was insufficient to my liking. I have a new culture that I will start in near future. Some San Francisco version I purchased from Ebay.
Aria,,, you are the one that inspired me to use HONEY❤️ in my breads :hugs

Cool, welcome! Tell us about what you like to make. We love pictures too.
Jello, Cake cups, Other
1655158828945.png

I baked a Champlain loaf yesterday. I had it shaped and ready to put in the banneton batard basket when I noticed the basket had mold growing in it!:sick I used a tea towel and larger bread pan which worked out just fine.
I think those long ferments with many hours in the fridge are just asking for trouble with a wicker basket. Or maybe I should have cleaned it once in a while and made sure it dried properly. Either way I’m not going to replace the basket real soon. My kitchen is crammed to the rafters and if I don’t need it I’m not replacing it. Hope everyone has a great day!
You can get clay bannetons….I saw them somewhere but don’t remember where. I need to find them again because I also want one….or two…..or ten…..

I baked a Champlain loaf yesterday. I had it shaped and ready to put in the banneton batard basket when I noticed the basket had mold growing in it!:sick I used a tea towel and larger bread pan which worked out just fine.
I think those long ferments with many hours in the fridge are just asking for trouble with a wicker basket. Or maybe I should have cleaned it once in a while and made sure it dried properly. Either way I’m not going to replace the basket real soon. My kitchen is crammed to the rafters and if I don’t need it I’m not replacing it. Hope everyone has a great day!
Nice tips!

Thank you. If your Sourdough Starter is weak you
can add it and add 2 teaspoons of yeast. That will
work. The recipe always is easy to work. AND my family and I do love this recipe. I make two large
Tins. OR of course you can weigh and make smaller
loaves. Dough is so soft and easy to manage.

Back
Top Bottom