Any Home Bakers Here?

Good morning, everyone.

I’m probably not going to bake today, I’m very sick. I don’t know what it is. It’s a nasty stomach bug.

If I feel better tomorrow, I’m going to bake some French bread.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I'm going to go check out all the recipes!

I'm a home baker, and was for many years the head baker for my family's restaurant.
I make bread 3 days a week, plus baking for various church events.

Every once in a while I do a wedding cake or a baby shower cake, but I much prefer to relax and do my own thing these days.
Soon I think I'll bake a pumpkin cake, shaped like a pumpkin (of course). Gotta get in the spooky spirit :D

I've been hearing a lot about Einkorn flour and I'm thinking about trying it out, anyone else tried it yet? I'm told is has a nutty flavor...

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I'm going to go check out all the recipes!

I'm a home baker, and was for many years the head baker for my family's restaurant.

Every once in a while I do a wedding cake or a baby shower cake, but I much prefer to relax and do my own thing these days.
Soon I think I'll bake a pumpkin cake, shaped like a pumpkin (of course). Gotta get in the spooky spirit :D

I've been hearing a lot about Einkorn flour and I'm thinking about trying it out, anyone else tried it yet? I'm told is has a nutty flavor...
Welcome!

Einkorn flour is tasty.

To make it more hydrated do you add extra ¼ cup of milk or what exactly? And is that added to the starter or the dough for baking that batch?
Easiest in your recipe,,, is just to add to the dough mix. Any way there is more liquid in dough, that increases the hydration.
Experiment adding milk,, You may notice a softness to the bread texture. (when first baked, and cut:drool:drool:drool )
After a day or two, the bread will be somewhat firmer, so PBJ,,,,, no problem spreading.:thumbsup

Welcome. Recipe links posted on the first page of this thread. Multiple tabs.

Penny MY first computer was a Dell. Nice Experience. I am
now working on (just got it) an iMac Desk Top. Today someone
is coming to adjust it. EEK. They did not do what I requested at
the Best Buy Store. No apple store around here. And it was easier
for my son to purchase it in Rochester and bring it here. Doing ok
with it. Geek person coming today to fine tune it. Hope you enjoy
your Dell. I was a Microsoft person for many years....decided to
switch to Apple.

Welcome to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom