Any Home Bakers Here?

Ooh! Baking thread on BYC?! I love it! Still haven't revived my sourdough, going to start today. I like to bake high hydration sourdough loaves, english muffins, focaccia, fudgy and chewy brownies, and many types of cookies ❤️
Welcome to the thread, links to our recipes are on the first post and there are multiple tabs at the bottom.

Ok...hot out of oven and definitely much more sour!!!
Idk bout all that hydration though! That was a mess to work with!!! Aby suggestions for when shaping the bread to not get stuck everywhere?!
Does the recipe index have any of yalls sourdough recipes where you give details for the more hydrated bread? Like do you replace the warm water with milk or do you do half n half? Do you warm the milk? Etc. Etc....lol

Last edited:
I was a Microsoft person for many years....decided to
switch to Apple.
They are different. I like not having to reboot my Mac every day or two which seems common with Windows based computers.

This batch I was gonna do pumpkin rolls but now I'm wondering if I better just make loafs again in order to determine how the changes are affecting it...
Hum?
Thoughts?
I like plan B, you want to know how the changes affect the original bread product before messing with it.

Interesting discussion with the lady that sells EXCELLENT sourdough bread (round loaves very similar to the Champlain bread found on the recipe spreadsheet) at the Farmer's Market. I'm sure some of you know this (I did not) but spelt and rye are lower gluten and affect the volume of a loaf.

Also spelt makes the bread a bit more moist. No spelt in the loaves right now because she said the "berries" have been coming 10% still with the hulls on. Takes too much time to pick them all out before grinding plus the cost of throwing 10% of the product to the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom