sugar - 50 g (1.76 oz)
salt - 10 g (0.35 oz)
vanilla sugar - 10 g (0.35 oz)
flour - 600 g (21.16 oz)
eggs - 2 pieces
To leaven 1 h

Play by play.
View attachment 3294106
Rolled into long log, and cut into 12 equal portions.
View attachment 3294107
Rolled flat, and used pizza wheel to make cuts.
View attachment 3294108
This flower bud design uses 2 separate pieces. I divide a dough portion into 2. Rolled one into ball, and second half,, rolled flat, and slit 4 cuts.
View attachment 3294109View attachment 3294110 For Bowtie shape. View attachment 3294111View attachment 3294112Egg wash and ready to go into oven. View attachment 3294113
Baked @ 350°F for 20 minutes... They were still kind of blond,:old, so I added 5 more minutes to give them a nice TAN :frow
View attachment 3294114
On cooling rack.
View attachment 3294126
Notes,,
This was my first time with this dough recipe.. Turned out well.:thumbsup.. also first time with this creative design work.. Turned out OK, Not as pretty as the You Tube pro did hers:love
They look very tasty!

Thanks for Recipe and the detail photos. SUPER. Have the recipe. And the apple season is here. Thanks again Aria
I like to post pictures play by play. Much easier than describing the procedure with words. Each pix is worth 1000 words. :old :gig
Another note; I just washed and cored the apples . Left skins on , and not peeled. Diced with skins. Enhanced color to cake.
I noted there was no Shortening>>>>>?
Indeed no shortening. The dough is also lower hydration, so it makes a slightly stiffer dough to work with.
Another note.. recipe calls for Vanilla sugar. In the European baking, they use the Vanilla sugar version often,, instead of Liquid, as is common in the US. recipes.
IMG_20221017_161604781.jpg

I have both. I equate one packet of Vanilla sugar to about 1 teaspoon of liquid.

I like to post pictures play by play. Much easier than describing the procedure with words. Each pix is worth 1000 words. :old :gig
Another note; I just washed and cored the apples . Left skins on , and not peeled. Diced with skins. Enhanced color to cake.

Indeed no shortening. The dough is also lower hydration, so it makes a slightly stiffer dough to work with.
Another note.. recipe calls for Vanilla sugar. In the European baking, they use the Vanilla sugar version often,, instead of Liquid, as is common in the US. recipes. View attachment 3294814
I have both. I equate one packet of Vanilla sugar to about 1 teaspoon of liquid.
I like your step by step pictures too!

Back
Top Bottom