Any Home Bakers Here?

What did you think? I made one yesterday. As much as I love gingerbread baked goods, I didn't care for this. The men at home didn't either. :(
We liked it. We already eat more healthy so if someone is used to conventional white flour, white sugar baked goods this won't taste as good because it's not as sweet. My wife and I agreed that it tastes substantially better with a liberal coating of butter. As far as the sweetener ingredients, it asks for 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of honey. I used the 1 cup sugar, but only 1/2 cup of honey, the reason for that is that we typically cut back substantially on the sweeteners for most recipes. I intend to fiddle with this recipe until it meets our preferred tastiness expectations.

Edit to add information: I used Ezekial flour which comes from here: Ezekiel 4:9 Ezekiel 4:9 Take for yourself also wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make you bread of it; according to the number of the days that you shall lie on your side, even three hundred ninety days, shall you eat of it.
We don't follow this exclusively, but it's similar to this.

Last edited:
7CDD0B98-90E6-454C-9CC0-ADB116D67210.jpeg

got the whole family here til Jan. 2. , so almost no time for BYC, here are some of the cookies I made for Christmas, 50% spelt whole wheat flour and only honey as sweetner

We liked it. We already eat more healthy so if someone is used to conventional white flour, white sugar baked goods this won't taste as good because it's not as sweet. My wife and I agreed that it tastes substantially better with a liberal coating of butter. As far as the sweetener ingredients, it asks for 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of honey. I used the 1 cup sugar, but only 1/2 cup of honey, the reason for that is that we typically cut back substantially on the sweeteners for most recipes. I intend to fiddle with this recipe until it meets our preferred tastiness expectations.

Edit to add information: I used Ezekial flour which comes from here: Ezekiel 4:9 Ezekiel 4:9 Take for yourself also wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make you bread of it; according to the number of the days that you shall lie on your side, even three hundred ninety days, shall you eat of it.
We don't follow this exclusively, but it's similar to this.
I think if I were to make it again, I'd use dark brown sugar and molasses in place of the white sugar and honey -- give it a deeper flavor. We try to not use too much butter so, to be fair, I didn't even try it with butter.

My ham bone broth turned out very good. So I made up a batch of ham & bean soup and a batch of ham & split pea soup. They are pre-freezing in the deep-freeze, and will go into the freeze-dryer, tomorrow. I also made a loaf of bread. It was my 3rd, homemade loaf. I need more practice. But, at least the ingredients are cheap, for practicing with. Then I made a pizza dough, that I have slow-rising in the fridge for tomorrow, per the recipes recommendation. This will be my 1st homemade pizza from scratch. ::fingers crossed::
We had a veggie soup with the Ham Bone DELICIOUS

Back
Top Bottom