Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm BACK!
YAY!
Anybody have any idea what has happened to the HB?
@microchick, you may already know what happened, but the results you got sound like what we got when our machine died. It was the paddle, not turning. It was a Cuisinart machine, and we shipped it back to be fixed, as it was about 1 year old and under warrantee. They shipped us a new one, and within a year, the very same thing happened.

YAY!

@microchick, you may already know what happened, but the results you got sound like what we got when our machine died. It was the paddle, not turning. It was a Cuisinart machine, and we shipped it back to be fixed, as it was about 1 year old and under warrantee. They shipped us a new one, and within a year, the very same thing happened.
Yeah, pretty encouraging.....not. But thank you Sally. Shame about the Cuisinart. Just shows that a fancy well known name means Jack these days.

I did look at the trouble shooting site. I'm actually more precise with my measuring with the machine than I am when I make my hand kneaded bread. With the Amish Sweet White bread the recipe calls for 6 cups of flour. Well, I add two cups then just start tossing in handfuls until I get the desired sponge consistency. Then start to knead. Can't do that with the machine. 3 cups of flour. The recipe I use has a little wiggle room but I've learned that if my first two cups of flour is a little more rounded than I like I better adjust cup #3 to accommodate that fact.

When I made the Amish White Bread I did it as I always do. A little hap hazard but got two beautiful loaves of bread so I know my yeast and flour are good.

I'd try the bread machine one last time but frankly I have already wasted 6 cups of flour and other ingredients. Well not really wasted, the chickens love the 'mistakes' when I make them so nothing goes to waste around here.🐔

Yeah, pretty encouraging.....not. But thank you Sally. Shame about the Cuisinart. Just shows that a fancy well known name means Jack these days.

I did look at the trouble shooting site. I'm actually more precise with my measuring with the machine than I am when I make my hand kneaded bread. With the Amish Sweet White bread the recipe calls for 6 cups of flour. Well, I add two cups then just start tossing in handfuls until I get the desired sponge consistency. Then start to knead. Can't do that with the machine. 3 cups of flour. The recipe I use has a little wiggle room but I've learned that if my first two cups of flour is a little more rounded than I like I better adjust cup #3 to accommodate that fact.

When I made the Amish White Bread I did it as I always do. A little hap hazard but got two beautiful loaves of bread so I know my yeast and flour are good.

I'd try the bread machine one last time but frankly I have already wasted 6 cups of flour and other ingredients. Well not really wasted, the chickens love the 'mistakes' when I make them so nothing goes to waste around here.🐔
Can you list ingredients for Amish sweet bread for me please?

About to make a angel food cake for my mom’s birthday. Just the boxed version. I’ve made it from scratch before but it wasn’t considerably better than boxed and was quite a lot of work.

Is Amish sweet bread the same as Amish friendship bread or is it different? I remember having a starter for Amish friendship bread back when I was a kid. Maybe 10-11.

About to make a angel food cake for my mom’s birthday. Just the boxed version. I’ve made it from scratch before but it wasn’t considerably better than boxed and was quite a lot of work.

Is Amish sweet bread the same as Amish friendship bread or is it different? I remember having a starter for Amish friendship bread back when I was a kid. Maybe 10-11.
No, this is a regular white loaf bread. Simple ingredients.
2 cups warm water
2/3 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast
Let yeast mixture proof then add
1/4 cup of oil
1 1/2 tsp of salt
6 cups of bread flour.
My recipe calls for 6 cups but I usually dump four cups in, stir the sponge until it gets to a kneadable consistency then start adding handfuls of flour until I can turn it out to continue kneading. I estimate that I use at least 5 cups of flour by the time I'm done kneading. Sometimes a little more.
Knead for 10-15 minutes then spray dough with cooking oil and put in bowl to rise. Let dough double in size. Then punch down and knead for a few minutes. Split dough into two loaves and put in greased bread pans. I use Pam spray but have brushed with olive oil or cooking oil.
Let dough rise above the pans.
Preheat oven to 350, bake bread for 28-30 minutes depending on how brown and crusty you want your bread. We like light crust so I cook ours for 28 minutes.

Unlike the Amish Friendship Bread this is a straight yeast bread that doesn't require a starter. I think I have seen something close to this recipe on the recipe page.

No, this is a regular white loaf bread. Simple ingredients.
2 cups warm water
2/3 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons of yeast
Let yeast mixture proof then add
1/4 cup of oil
1 1/2 tsp of salt
6 cups of bread flour.
My recipe calls for 6 cups but I usually dump four cups in, stir the sponge until it gets to a kneadable consistency then start adding handfuls of flour until I can turn it out to continue kneading. I estimate that I use at least 5 cups of flour by the time I'm done kneading. Sometimes a little more.
Knead for 10-15 minutes then spray dough with cooking oil and put in bowl to rise. Let dough double in size. Then punch down and knead for a few minutes. Split dough into two loaves and put in greased bread pans. I use Pam spray but have brushed with olive oil or cooking oil.
Let dough rise above the pans.
Preheat oven to 350, bake bread for 28-30 minutes depending on how brown and crusty you want your bread. We like light crust so I cook ours for 28 minutes.

Unlike the Amish Friendship Bread this is a straight yeast bread that doesn't require a starter. I think I have seen something close to this recipe on the recipe page.
Thanks for the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom