Any Home Bakers Here?

I have this view from my Kitchen window. AND I am stocking up for the WINTER
Groceries......WOW.....prices have gone SO MUCH HIGHER. How do they
who is THEY???? our government has some responsibility for sure....expect
us to live? I am planning to feed my Genesis sourdough starter tomorrow
night and bake Saturday.
Yea I won't touch that cause I'm sure I'll piss a bunch of people off with my comments 🤣 but I agree

Got an update on the car.

IMG_0549.jpeg

One of the parts I needed, the water pump, came in the mail today. However, without the tool I ordered that is still in the mail, I can’t do anything yet.

I'm interested in starting the sourdough journey. Where or how do you get the first start? Please excuse the dumb question.
It really is rewarding to create your own sourdough starter on your own. (At least it was for me, despite my impatience.) I almost gave up, but realized I just needed to wait the requisite time. (Beginning with someone else's established starter is, of course, an option, but I wanted to "do it myself" lol.)

The only thing you need is flour and water -- that's it! (and a jar to put it in!)

I followed the method described here (there's a video there too, if you prefer) :
https://melissaknorris.com/podcast/5-tips-on-how-to-get-started-with-sourdough/

It really is rewarding to create your own sourdough starter on your own. (At least it was for me, despite my impatience.) I almost gave up, but realized I just needed to wait the requisite time. (Beginning with someone else's established starter is, of course, an option, but I wanted to "do it myself" lol.)

The only thing you need is flour and water -- that's it! (and a jar to put it in!)

I followed the method described here (there's a video there too, if you prefer) :
https://melissaknorris.com/podcast/5-tips-on-how-to-get-started-with-sourdough/
Agreed I tried and failed twice now I have an amazing starter I use almost daily Doughlene 😁

You may not know this, but I’m a hunter myself. Those look like some nice bucks!

I haven’t shot a deer since 2018. I did shoot a bear in 2020, though.

I mainly do waterfowl and big game.

View attachment 3653348

View attachment 3653353

View attachment 3653349

View attachment 3653352
The turkey looks great, do you also eat the Canada geese? We do have mallards here everywhere, but you are not allowed to catch them and there isn’t a lot of meat on them anyways 🤪 I remember during an exhibition the Chinese guests caught a lot of them and ate them, until somebody told them it is illegal here in Germany to catch them 🫣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom