Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh yeah we dumped a bunch on as we ate it. The recipe had cinnamon in it but boy oh boy not near enough!
Depends on the cinnamon. I always thought cinnamon was cinnamon. McCormicks from the grocery store. Until .... the mother of a friend of DD1's (who we were visiting in Illinois) took me to a spice store. They had 8 or 10 different cinnamons if I recall. I do recall that after smelling all of them I couldn't tell them apart any more. Vietnamese is much more potent than the usual grocery store stuff.

Depends on the cinnamon. I always thought cinnamon was cinnamon. McCormicks from the grocery store. Until .... the mother of a friend was was of DD1's (who we were visiting in Illinois) took me to a spice store. They had 8 or 10 different cinnamons if I recall. I do recall that after smelling all of them I couldn't tell them apart any more. Vietnamese is much more potent than the usual grocery store stuff.
This was Saigon cinnamon from Costco. We both love cinnamon and think this one is pretty weak. Also it was a new recipe for me. I had never actually made a recipe called pie filling. Always just put the apples and cinnamon, sugar etc into a pie crust. Using clear jel made it look kind of cool but tastes more like McDonald’s apple pies. So now that I have only 14 jars left I’ll have to remember to add some lemon juice and I could order some perkier cinnamon.
IMG_4417.jpeg

This was Saigon cinnamon from Costco. We both love cinnamon and think this one is pretty weak. Also it was a new recipe for me. I had never actually made a recipe called pie filling. Always just put the apples and cinnamon, sugar etc into a pie crust. Using clear jel made it look kind of cool but tastes more like McDonald’s apple pies. So now that I have only 14 jars left I’ll have to remember to add some lemon juice and I could order some perkier cinnamon. View attachment 3686412
This jar looks YUMMY TO ME. Aria

This was Saigon cinnamon from Costco.
Yeah, that's the stuff I buy. (It's cheap.) When I put it on/in things, I use a LOT.

I want to visit a spice store we've been to before, but not for a few years. I'd like to try different cinnamons. I'd fall in love with the most exspensive one, I'm sure.

Yeah, that's the stuff I buy. (It's cheap.) When I put it on/in things, I use a LOT.

I want to visit a spice store we've been to before, but not for a few years. I'd like to try different cinnamons. I'd fall in love with the most exspensive one, I'm sure.

Don't we always?

Back
Top Bottom