Any Home Bakers Here?

One of my favorite Christmas cookies:
(I adapted this recipe from https://www.cookingclassy.com/)

Thumbprint Cookies​

Servings: 36 cookies
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes

Ingredients​

• 2 cups + 2 Tbsp (300g) all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, cold and diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
  • 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

Instructions​

• For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and salt, set aside.
  • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter and sugar until combined (it will take a minute or two since the butter is cold).
  • Mix in vanilla extract then add in flour blend until mixture comes together (it will take a bit of mixing since the butter is cold, so be patient, it will seem really dry and crumbly at first).
  • Shape dough into 1-inch balls, about 1 Tbsp each, and place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  • Make a small indentation with thumb or forefinger in each cookie. Fill the indent with jam.
  • Chill in refrigerator 20 minutes (or freezer for 10 minutes). Bake in preheated oven 14 - 18 minutes.
  • Cool several minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Thanks for the recipe! Hubby has been after me to make a different kind of cookie. He is tired of his favorite chocolate chip.

Being brave and making a legendary family recipe for dinner. The infamous cursed soup.

IMG_1419.jpeg

Recipe is already in the index, I think.

I know there are a few newcomers here, so if you have a question about this “cursed soup,” let me know. It’s an interesting story.

Here it is. Many posts ago.

It is a true story.

Many, many years ago, my mother worked very hard to make a soup. I can’t remember what kind of soup, except that it had hamburger and some other things in it. When we had dinner that night, we all didn’t like it that much, and we put in the fridge.

The next day, my mother opened the fridge to grab something to eat, when the soup spilled all over her and in front of her. We cleaned it up and saved most of the soup. I then told my mom jokingly, “Mom, the soup is cursed.”

The very next day, we were driving and decided to take the soup to a potluck, when it spilled inside the car all over the place. My mom was like, “My car! Now I have to clean it!”

I then went to her and I said, more seriously, “It’s the curse of the soup! It struck again!”

After that, it kept on spilling from many places, the fridge, the table, and more, all in a 72 hour period.

Me and my family agreed the soup was cursed, and we discarded it. We took the garbage out that day so it wouldn’t spill anymore.

The events of that week went down in my families history as the legendary “Cursed Soup.”

Jared

Hello,

I just remembered a funny baking story that happened many years ago I wanted to share. It is a true story.

Many, many years ago, my mother worked very hard to make a soup. I can’t remember what kind of soup, except that it had hamburger and some other things in it. When we had dinner that night, we all didn’t like it that much, and we put in the fridge.

The next day, my mother opened the fridge to grab something to eat, when the soup spilled all over her and in front of her. We cleaned it up and saved most of the soup. I then told my mom jokingly, “Mom, the soup is cursed.”

The very next day, we were driving and decided to take the soup to a potluck, when it spilled inside the car all over the place. My mom was like, “My car! Now I have to clean it!”

I then went to her and I said, more seriously, “It’s the curse of the soup! It struck again!”

After that, it kept on spilling from many places, the fridge, the table, and more, all in a 72 hour period.

Me and my family agreed the soup was cursed, and we discarded it. We took the garbage out that day so it wouldn’t spill anymore.

The events of that week went down in my families history as the legendary “Cursed Soup.”

Jared

Here is the original post.

Back
Top Bottom