Any Home Bakers Here?

I have the best choc. chip cookie recipe that all of you have to try... So amazing.

• 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired

Directions

• Pre-heat the oven to 375 F (176 C).
  • In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set it aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon for about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping the side of the bowl occasionally.
  • Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract until smooth.
  • Stir in the flour mixture until just blended (the dough will be stiff).
  • Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if you’re adding those.
  • Drop the dough by the rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, about two inches apart.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (the center will be soft).
  • Cool 2 minutes before removing the cookies from the sheet and putting them on a cooling rack.

Let them cool for about 30 minutes before sneaking a taste.

(copy and pasted)

That’s essentially the nestle toll house cookie recipe halved isn’t it?

No, it is actually the recipe that the royal carribean cruise line uses to make their cookies.
It is close to half of the tollhouse recipe. There is less salt and I think the 1\2 egg is supposed to be 1 egg? If so, the salt is pretty much the only difference, That and breaking the measurements to teaspoons.

The original tollhouse recipe is the standard and you can make modifications to get the type of cookie you want.

One is to change the sugar. For instance, half a cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar will make the cookie crispier. Changing the eggs to on whole and two yolks will make the cookie softer.

Thanks for the recipe! It is in the google sheet for the thread that can be found in the first post.

It is close to half of the tollhouse recipe. There is less salt and I think the 1\2 egg is supposed to be 1 egg? If so, the salt is pretty much the only difference, That and breaking the measurements to teaspoons.

The original tollhouse recipe is the standard and you can make modifications to get the type of cookie you want.

One is to change the sugar. For instance, half a cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar will make the cookie crispier. Changing the eggs to on whole and two yolks will make the cookie softer.

Thanks for the recipe! It is in the google sheet for the thread that can be found in the first post.

Ooh yummy thanks! I'll have to try it!
No, the 1/2 egg is literally only 1/2 of an egg. You scramble it and then pour it into a measuring cup, and then find half of that. It's kinda complicated, but it's easier to just do a full recipe, not half.

Ooh yummy thanks! I'll have to try it!
No, the 1/2 egg is literally only 1/2 of an egg. You scramble it and then pour it into a measuring cup, and then find half of that. It's kinda complicated, but it's easier to just do a full recipe, not half.
Your could use a bantam egg or 5 quail eggs!

Back
Top Bottom