Apple Cider vinegar how much and how often

Zwillingsmama

Songster
Jun 7, 2018
SF Bay Area
I read and heard numerous times now that ACV is good for chicken. What I have a problem finding info on is how much and how often. I'd love to hear about how much ACV to a gallon of water and how often do you add it to your water. Thanks in advance.

I used to use acv, then I changed to plain old white vinegar for cleaning the waterer and never went back , I didn’t see any difference in the heath of my birds over the years ,

It’s kind of like us eating yogurt, it’s good for us but if you stop do you feel bad? Probably not .

I’d rather add electrolytes to my water when it’s hot outside

You shouldn't use ACV all the time, but we use it once in a while. It is a natural antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory, good for the gut, and can make egg shells harder, I've heard, though I don't remember why. 1 TBSP per gallon.

Before using ACV put an egg into a bowl of ACV and time how long it takes for the ACV to completely dissolve the exterior egg shell and turn a normal egg into a soft shelled egg.

Rock salt is a natural antibiotic, so is refined sugar, and there are "natural" antibiotics or preservatives in most of the processed foods that you buy. Other natural presertives are grain alcohol, alum, and wood smoke. Now I must admit that hickory wood smoke always makes chicken better, in taste anyway.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom