Are these show quality silkies??

Digidude6

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 5, 2012
i wanna buy from her and this is her stock of pullets
IMG_9725.JPG
IMG_9728.JPG

You really can't judge show quality at that age, nor by those pictures. A standing profile pic would be much better. These birds can change so drastically in appearance within a week or two, so by the time they are 6 months or more, they won't even look like the same bird! No one can guarnatee a chick that age will be show quality! They may come from show quality lines, but even then, they may not turn out to be show quality. If the breeder is selling these as guaranteed show quality, but won't back up that claim with replacements when they are older, I would go to another breeder! Too young, too much can change!

In the mean time, look for things that will right away disqualify them from becoming show quality. They should have 5 toes on each foot. The legs and feet should be well feathered, all the way to the middle toe. They should have dark skin, blueish/black. They should have dark eyes, black or very dark brown. These are just a few of the things that you can look for on the bare minimum side. Go to one of the Silkie threads here on BYC to learn more!

You really can't judge show quality at that age, nor by those pictures. A standing profile pic would be much better. These birds can change so drastically in appearance within a week or two, so by the time they are 6 months or more, they won't even look like the same bird! No one can guarnatee a chick that age will be show quality! They may come from show quality lines, but even then, they may not turn out to be show quality. If the breeder is selling these as guaranteed show quality, but won't back up that claim with replacements when they are older, I would go to another breeder! Too young, too much can change!

In the mean time, look for things that will right away disqualify them from becoming show quality. They should have 5 toes on each foot. The legs and feet should be well feathered, all the way to the middle toe. They should have dark skin, blueish/black. They should have dark eyes, black or very dark brown. These are just a few of the things that you can look for on the bare minimum side. Go to one of the Silkie threads here on BYC to learn more!
x2

okay thank you everyone i think i will use this breeder i have finally seen the parents and they do appear to eb show quality

Back
Top Bottom