Can i use anything else but that kaytee exact hand feeding formula?

FrostyWind

Songster
7 Years
Jun 12, 2016
Their must be something else just as good as that formula, can I use wet pellets like water it down good enough for a baby squab to eat? is their anything else? Can someone list down other feeding items, that I can actually purchase in a pet shop or somewhere that isn't expensive like that kaytee exact hand feeding formula? Thank you

I don't breed pigeons or doves but I did handfeed a parrot. The formula can be purchased in petshops (it's available in all the big ones like Petco and Petsmart) and it's not that expensive. You can get a big tub of it on Amazon for something like $9.

Last edited:
Well its cheap only if you're living in the US and not the Caribbean, so I need some other option

Can you ask the person you got your birds from what they use? They'd probably have better options for you since they're in your area.

Last edited:
Oh, the bird is almost fledge and just sits in one spot most of times, so do I feed it millets or does it need to be wet or do I use something else, cause I don't think they are fed crop milk pigeons and doves use again. Do I still use water down pellets, and what must be the temperature for when you already fed them? I remember finding a baby pigeon in the road, it was just walking around squeaking, almost got ran over if I didn't stop the car, (it died though cause I don't think I fed it enough) anyways, when my uncle told me to fed it water down pellets, it refused even though I held the mouth open, the crop wasn't even close to being full, and it didn't want to take anymore, you just saw an ounce of it inside the crop? I really need the stages and steps throughout their 2 week cycle when they are already hatched and what to feed them in their 2 week cycle? first 5 days and the rest

Do I still use water down pellets,YES and what must be the temperature for when you already fed them? Body Temperature I really need the stages and steps throughout their 2 week cycle when they are already hatched and what to feed them in their 2 week cycle? first 5 days and the rest
I am thinking your squab is close to being able to digest whole seeds. The above link I provided you with on You tube shows several methods of feeding squabs I am sure it can help you in your situation.

Last edited:
I use layer pellets moistened n put down your left side, in their right side of throat. Allow seconds for swallowing and if it spits out you didn't put down far enough. Feed five to start one after another, then move up to fifteen next time. Then fill crop till see on both sides if not feeding more than two to four times daily depending on age after feather would have grown out. Before feather quils start, feed cottage cheese consistency.

Last edited:
I'm real sorry but some of your writing/sentences I couldn't understand

And what do you mean "n put down your left side, in their right side of throat. Allow seconds for swallowing and if it spits out you didn't put down far enough"

And what Temperature should be the food when I'm serving it to any dove specie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom