Can u Take a chicken for a walk??

cookie_chick

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Australia
Im Curious if you got a small leash and harness would you be able to take a chicken for a walk??

I know its possible for a dog and a bunny and a ferret but what about a chick!!??

I would like to here your answers!

Hmmmm....walking a chicken.
hmm.png
I guess with a harness, that doesnt hold the wings down, you might be able too. You would have to be VERY carefull of predators tho. Not sure how the chicken would like it....I have never heard of anyone trying....let us know how it works!

You would have to buy a harness made for a large parrot (such as a macaw) to fit properly on an adult size chicken. One in a size made for cockatiels or Quaker parrots will fit a 3-5 week old chick. You can NOT use a harness made for dogs, ferrets, cats, or bunnies. It will need to be a harness made just for birds.

smile.png
Im not sure that you can take a Chicken for a walk. But the other day I went to my dads for coupel days. When I puled in to the drive way at home all our grown chikens cam running towards the truck. I walk out in the pasture and my hens follow after me most time and thay walk with me for quit a distance on our 20 acer farm. I just thought I would add my 2 cents worth Bill
D.gif

I've put a leash on my birds but it wasn't to walk them. It was to keep them from getting scared and running away at the car meets. I used a regular small dog harness that is not the figure 8 style.

yes.. i walk my ducks.. but im not sure about walking a chicken.. i have tried to fit the leash on my silkie bantam.. but it didnt enjoy it. and i did see that sienfield episode like big R.. it was HILARIOUS!!!

Back
Top Bottom