CANADA GOOSE BREEDERS (I found LEGAL breeders!)

*show quality* Chinese and Canadas should be the same Standard weight, but the hatchery Chinese do tend to be a bit larger.View attachment 3501703
I had a couple Chinese geese I was watching for someone for a month, and I tried to integrate my single Canada goose at the time in with them so he could have friends. They were fine for almost a week together and then they just decided to beat him up. The Canada goose was a fully grown adult bird too.
They hurt him pretty bad before I noticed and rescued him. He recovered ok but they was enough to worry me. Especially because they were ok for quite a while together too and then they just turned on them.

I had a couple Chinese geese I was watching for someone for a month, and I tried to integrate my single Canada goose at the time in with them so he could have friends. They were fine for almost a week together and then they just decided to beat him up. The Canada goose was a fully grown adult bird too.
They hurt him pretty bad before I noticed and rescued him. He recovered ok but they was enough to worry me. Especially because they were ok for quite a while together too and then they just turned on them.
:0 dang. Kessel23 keeps his Canada lady with his domestic flock so I figured it wouldn’t be a huge problem, but that is really too bad. I guess it doesn’t work great all the time.

Last edited:
Hi, I sent you a pm back! I do have regular ones too.
I know one other person with some but I haven't heard if they're nesting or not this year.

One thing, if you have domestic geese I would recommend keeping Canada geese separate. Domestic geese are bigger usually and can beat up a Canada goose pretty

Hi, I sent you a pm back! I do have regular ones too.
I know one other person with some but I haven't heard if they're nesting or not this year.

One thing, if you have domestic geese I would recommend keeping Canada geese separate. Domestic geese are bigger usually and can beat up a Canada goose pretty bad.
God bless!
Thank you! And thanks for the fast reply! I sent you a reply in your pm. Actually I sent two.

I think dewlap geese are kinda ugly (except Africans.) But yes.
5ec2dce303de2c123113c00f271ab2bf.jpg

I want to play with them so bad!
finding dory GIF

Hi would you be able to help me out. I have a lone Canada goose and am trying to get him a friend. If you don’t have available goslings do you know anyone who does?
Welcome to BYC! Where are you located about? I'm not sure if I'll have any extras this year but I might know someone near you with some.

Welcome to BYC! Where are you located about? I'm not sure if I'll have any extras this year but I might know someone near you with some.
I’m in CT. We rescued him at a day old. He was alone on the road. We bought some embedens so he’d have friends and they have paired so now he’s lonely.

I’m in CT. We rescued him at a day old. He was alone on the road. We bought some embedens so he’d have friends and they have paired so now he’s lonely.
And thanks! I’m new to chickens and having a great time! I’ve had geese for over a year now and love them!

Back
Top Bottom