Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Heyo!

Unfortunately, we lost our chickens. I have been working on their area and think we will be ready to get some more this fall. We live in Phoenix and the summers are tough on them. I wanted to let some vegetation grow, providing shade and a much cooler microclimate before we started again. Thanks for bringing me back into the conversation!
Thanks for the update!

We have issues with heat here too-- not as much as Arizona though!

What works for me is a ventilation system in the coop, Shade and a misting system set on a timer to come on during the hot part of the day.

I was here for a short time, because a mama duck and her six ducklings waddled into my yard.

Took care of them for about 5 weeks the best we could with food and water sources and love. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

At some point it was getting to be a bit much, so my boyfriend and I decided to take them to a mobile home park nearby where other ducks live. Thank G-d we earned mama's trust...we corralled them into the van
and got the family there without incident.

I want to thank everyone on here who offered advice and support through
that experience. I plan on getting some chickens for eggs in the near future, so I'm sure I'll be back.

Wishing everyone good health and happiness for you and your feathered friends.

that

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_7170586744678816420.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_7170586744678816420.jpeg
    774.4 KB · Views: 1
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Currently I’ve been experimenting on one breed but with different bloodlines to see what I can get out of them, and that’s Red Jungle fowl hybrids. Mainly for hobby but with the more chicks that hatch, I’ll be selling the ones that won’t look as good for further breeding and I can sell those to other people who may want them. You know, as they say, another man’s “trash” is another man’s “treasure.” So I hope they don’t take all my money, more than they already have 😅… I hope they turn out purty as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3550.jpeg
    IMG_3550.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3352.jpeg
    IMG_3352.jpeg
    660.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8807 Copy_Original.jpeg
    IMG_8807 Copy_Original.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 0
I was here for a short time, because a mama duck and her six ducklings waddled into my yard.

Took care of them for about 5 weeks the best we could with food and water sources and love. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

At some point it was getting to be a bit much, so my boyfriend and I decided to take them to a mobile home park nearby where other ducks live. Thank G-d we earned mama's trust...we corralled them into the van
and got the family there without incident.

I want to thank everyone on here who offered advice and support through
that experience. I plan on getting some chickens for eggs in the near future, so I'm sure I'll be back.

Wishing everyone good health and happiness for you and your feathered friends.

that
That is an amazing story!

It is funny how life brings you gifts like the duck family and then gets you wanting chickens.

I hope to see you around!

Back
Top Bottom