Chicken Crafts! (Show Off Your Craftiness)

:yesss: PR is molting. I also happen to be crafting, so the timing is good. I grabbed some feathers this morning:
img_0035-jpg.1445387

My Spitzhauben, Dominique, & Penciled feathers are my top 3 favs! (The laced orps are OK but their feathers don't look too great after molting.) I also dyed a few silkie feathers today.

Guinea feathers were of course THE BEST, but I cannot own any of those.

:yesss: PR is molting. I also happen to be crafting, so the timing is good. I grabbed some feathers this morning:
img_0035-jpg.1445387

My Spitzhauben, Dominique, & Penciled feathers are my top 3 favs! (The laced orps are OK but their feathers don't look too great after molting.) I also dyed a few silkie feathers today.

Guinea feathers were of course THE BEST, but I cannot own any of those.

Pretty feathers! What are you going to make with them?

Pretty feathers! What are you going to make with them?
a 3D multi media canvas = basically a collage of "stuff" I had around the house.

face & background
IMG_0034.JPG

sponge speckled paper die cuts
IMG_0043.JPG

added lace & dyed feathers (The kids had fun naming from whom each feather came.)
IMG_0045.JPG

More flowers & butterflies
IMG_0047.JPG

some more feathers & shiny things
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG

I added a necklace, "lip gloss" & am hoping to make some eyelashes. Then figure out a frame for it.

Wow just read the whole thread in the last day or so :theyes are a bit wonky but wow so many fantastic ideas :clap! I've sadly currently lost my crafting mojo so haven't done any chicken stuff. I'll be collecting feathers when I see them now - never thought of using them for stuff!

I'll be collecting feathers when I see them now - never thought of using them for stuff!

They sell craft feathers for a pretty penny & of course the ones blowing around the backyard are so much better. You can swish them in some very hot or boiling water + Dawn, then rinse with water + a touch of vinegar to remove all soap residue. Lay on a paper towel & they'll fluff back out when dried. I did this for a preschool craft & it was a huge hit. The kids had a few visits from my hens, so using their feathers was a special treat. The teachers were so grateful when I let them keep the left over feathers. (They said it would probably cost $15 if they had to purchase them.)

They sell craft feathers for a pretty penny & of course the ones blowing around the backyard are so much better. You can swish them in some very hot or boiling water + Dawn, then rinse with water + a touch of vinegar to remove all soap residue. Lay on a paper towel & they'll fluff back out when dried.
Excellent - thanks for the instructions! :D

Back
Top Bottom