Its definitely a shame, wish it was illegal for people to just toss their cats outside and say its someone elses problem.. Its awful
In many jurisdictions, it is illegal. In this area, leash laws apply to both dogs and cats. However, if someone calls, regarding a dog, the poeleese are right on it, with heavy fines for the dog's owner. Yet, for cats running loose, the poeleese don't even respond. Even though that regulation/law applies to both dogs and cats.

GIF by reactionseditor

In many jurisdictions, it is illegal. In this area, leash laws apply to both dogs and cats. However, if someone calls, regarding a dog, the poeleese are right on it, with heavy fines for the dog's owner. Yet, for cats running loose, the poeleese don't even respond. Even though that regulation/law applies to both dogs and cats.
It's that way in many areas and yes, it is annoying.
A dog gets loose and everyone is screaming and crying.
Cats get booted out the door at the end of the day, and nobody cares.
BOTH are illegal to be running free.
If you have a pet KEEP IT ON YOUR PROPERTY !
If you insist that kitty kitty needs to run free, then build a pet run on YOUR property for the cat to use. I do not want your pet spraying my car and house, nor harassing my poultry.

If you have a neighbor who does have cats they let run loose, you will need pictures of the animal on your property, at which point, you can file a complaint with code enforcement and they should warn / ticket the person.

I approach it as, out of sight, out of mind, if your cat running around is not causing issues for me, then I have no issues with it., but, if the animal is causing problems for me, then the issue gets treated like any other nuisance predator that is attacking my flock. Alligators need to eat too.

Aaron

In our area cats are allowed outdoors. But a good family dog who is protective of the chickens allowed to go in and out, but staying home, is a simple solution. Don't see many strange cats among dog owners with chickens.

I have zero tolerance for anything that tries to injure or kill my animals.
Domestic and Feral Cats kill Billions of Birds, Rabbits and other critters each year.
I use a .22 or .17hmr with a silencer and dispatch them on sight.

Whats worse about the cats is they are not even eating the stuff, they are killing it just for the sake of killing. Which is why I have absolutely NO love or compassion for strays.

Glad to hear your dog keeps the rooster safe. One of my friends had a hawk issue, and this Red Tail was HUGE. I mean it was absolutely huge, I could not believe it. I was asking you sure it didn't mate with a golden eagle or something because that is the biggest hawk I EVER seen. It would just swoop in snatch and go, which seemed a bit odd too because often I see the hawks, they'll eat it there, or at least subdue it then maybe take off with it, this one just whoop and gone.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom