Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Here too. We are being careful, and daughter's family isn't. No birthday celebrations, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, and likely no Easter dinner either. Think of it as living on a tropical island somewhere, far from everyone.
Well, not tropical, no hurricanes wanted!
Stay safe, this too will pass, and we want to be around to enjoy celebrations on the other side.
Mary

Here too, but the other way around. We're being careful - MIL is running around the country visiting everyone (masked but still), FIL is planning on taking all the (adult age) kids to DISNEY LAND FOR CHRISTMAS!? I can't think of a worse idea. They're both annoyed with us that we won't travel to see them in NY for the holidays and then to FL with them and I can't think of a worse possible idea. >(

So, yeah. My birthday will be digital. My thanksgiving will be our immediate 3 person household. Yule we're doing a no contact gift drop off and caroling - which lets us be very distanced from the people we're visiting. And my in-laws just don't get it at all.

Here too. We are being careful, and daughter's family isn't. No birthday celebrations, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, and likely no Easter dinner either. Think of it as living on a tropical island somewhere, far from everyone.
Well, not tropical, no hurricanes wanted!
Stay safe, this too will pass, and we want to be around to enjoy celebrations on the other side.
Mary
We actually do live on an island! Hardly tropical though. :gig Unless you’re from Minnesota or Michigan, then it might seem almost tropical!

I’m tired of people who can’t be bothered to be careful. My MIL actually yelled at my husband when he told her we were staying home. She wants to “live her life” and always makes Thanksgiving...in a tiny house with too many people who also are anti maskers. There will be at least 15 people, and by tiny I mean one room for all. The family is actually calling us “sheepuls” because we abide by state recommendations. Our niece just had a birthday party on Halloween with 30 people, which we didn’t attend. Call me selfish but I don’t wish to die alone. My sweet chickens would miss me, no one could love them as much as I do!

I’m tired of people who can’t be bothered to be careful. My MIL actually yelled at my husband when he told her we were staying home. She wants to “live her life” and always makes Thanksgiving...in a tiny house with too many people who also are anti maskers. There will be at least 15 people, and by tiny I mean one room for all. The family is actually calling us “sheepuls” because we abide by state recommendations. Our niece just had a birthday party on Halloween with 30 people, which we didn’t attend. Call me selfish but I don’t wish to die alone. My sweet chickens would miss me, no one could love them as much as I do!
I feel for you! Hang in there!

We've decided to do a small Thanksgiving. My 2 kids from 2 other households will join us. We may or may not sit down at a table together. We may spread out over 2 open plan rooms with dinner on our laps.

We're all of us cautious every day. My husband and my son get tested 1-3 times a week. My daughter and her SO have been unemployed since this began and keep to their apartment and essential errands.

So we're going to do it and I'm looking forward to it. I'm doing 3 rolled turkey breasts so there will be lots of leftovers for them to take home.

My oldest daughter, her husband and their son will have their own Thanksgiving. And we're perfectly OK with everyone making the choice they think is best for them. My grandson will be spending the night with us Friday or Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend so he'll get a chocolate turkey (I always put one at each place setting) and a shot at the dessert buffet which we never do more than put a dent in on T-day.

Re Disneyland. Gavin Newsome has barred Disneyland and other theme parks from opening here. He gets a thumb in the eye for it all the time and there was a brief ill-fated recall effort over that and other things. But I applaud him! I think it's irresponsible of Disney to have opened at all. I think it's freakin' insane of people to subject themselves to that crowding.

Although CA was routinely at the top of the new cases of Covid for months running, we are (today) #42 in the country for cases per 100,000 and #33 in deaths per 100,000 and I'm certain sure that's, at least in part, due to the decision not to let theme parks open. Meanwhile, guess which (Red, "freedom-loving", non-mask wearing) states are in the top 50%...

Gavin Newsome

Excuse me, not Disneyland. They're going to Disneyworld in FL. Very much open still. Never learned the difference growing up - they were all jumbled up far away places growing up that I would never see - to this day I'm still terrible at geography and naming locations even though I've been outside my home state plenty now. :p

125368790_828952674561242_1879883045752030010_n.jpg

One year down....

Ohio just got a curfew of all things. Not gonna help much...

Back
Top Bottom