Do you name your chickens?

• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
I have 19 and I have named my one PBB Lily but she turned into Leroy a week or so ago. Now we have Marble, Maple, Ombre, Ozzie, Leroy Jenkins, Willow, Tiger Lily, Sunny, Honey, Clover, Bluebelle, Buttercup, Tinkerbell, Cali, Penny, Ginger, Fern, Butters and Yum Yum šŸ˜‹
Funny about Lily. My first Silver Laced Wynadotte "Gabby" turned into 'Gabe' šŸ˜‚ Felt really bad. My1st flock & had to get rid of him. No roosters allowed.
Added to the girls this year & my new SLW is "Oreo".
I started with 5 in 2022 & added 5 more this year.

Update on names because I downsized;
Sapphire olive eggers; Rocky and Bullwinkle
Black sex link; Cinnamon
Red sex link; Cayenne
Australorp; Mighty
Silkie; Yeti
Brahma; Milk
Swedish flower rooster; Biscotti
Easter eggers; Vinny, Goldie, Ashley and Garlic

I feel like I forgot one but I canā€™t figure out who

But in short yes I do, I name all of them. Even chicks Iā€™m not keeping- all of them have names and a few of them respond to their names

Update on names because I downsized;
Sapphire olive eggers; Rocky and Bullwinkle
Black sex link; Cinnamon
Red sex link; Cayenne
Australorp; Mighty
Silkie; Yeti
Brahma; Milk
Swedish flower rooster; Biscotti
Easter eggers; Vinny, Goldie, Ashley and Garlic

I feel like I forgot one but I canā€™t figure out who

But in short yes I do, I name all of them. Even chicks Iā€™m not keeping- all of them have names and a few of them respond to their names
I love the name Yeti itā€™s a great name for a silkie! I would like to see pictures of your flock!

I love the name Yeti itā€™s a great name for a silkie! I would like to see pictures of your flock!
This should be all of them.. my profile picture is Vinny

Attachments

• IMG_7425.jpeg
    IMG_7425.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7392.jpeg
    IMG_7392.jpeg
    692.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    990.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6893.jpeg
    IMG_6893.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6895.jpeg
    IMG_6895.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6896.jpeg
    IMG_6896.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    575.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6744.jpeg
    IMG_6744.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I said yes, but honestly, I only name some of my chickens. My stepdaughter names them all, so I just use the names she gave them.
I personally named only 3.
First one I named is my namesake here.
I named him Lucifer, because he is evil. šŸ‘¹
I am certain that a few people here would had had him in a freezer. One time he was standing on a 2X4 laying on top of cinder blocks and stretched way out to reach my leg with his beak. Drew blood and left a cut all the way across the front of my leg. Right after that I named him Lucifer.
He's actually not evil anymore but did go through a phase where I did not want him near me while I was wearing shorts.

I

I named my Pekin Frizzle Black Betty, after the song of the same name by Ram Jam, because she used to make quite the racket to get out of the coop each morning. I used to sing it to her as I approached the coop lol.

I stuck with the music theme and named her two Pekin chicks after rock chicks: Susie Silver Q (after Suzie Quatro) as she has silver lacing around her neck. The other I named Joan Jet Black (after Joan Jett) aka Joannie. She is a sweet girl who croons softly at my feet to get her bread. She's a bit spoiled :)

Susie took Betty's song to heart and actually did go a bit wild there for a while after I rehomed the silkie cockerel she had doted on.

I haven't named the newest additions: 2 Araucana girls + a male and 1 Barnevelder girl. I'm thinking of Baz for the roo, after Barry Manilow :cool:

Back
Top Bottom