Dying chicks a color like blue or pink??

Nightfeather, Do a search on this topic. I was just looking at one a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's harmful, but I would say it seems to be frond upon.

I know but i have been searching And I can"t find Any thing. Cansome one please help me
hit.gif

I had some like that years ago. They inject dye into the egg and the chicks hatch dyed. I think its illegal to sell dyed chicks in some places and it only dyes the fluff so when they get their feathers in they are whatever color they are supossed to be.

To be honest I cannot see WHY you would consider dying chicks. The only reason anyone does so is to sell *impulse* chicks at Easter, which will very very likely end up dead in a hurry from neglect/abuse/malnourishment. I am not sure that the in-the egg dying method *harms* them in any way since breeders use the method to "mark" clutches of eggs and such, but the reason it is done around Easter is just disrespectful to the animals and wasteful of life.

*shakes my head* Chicks are gorgeous in their own natural colors...they don't need any "enhancement"

I know it's rude to dye the chicks and i am not going to do it. its just i was wondering if it is bad for them and how if efects them does anyone know??

Why on earth would anyone want to dye a chick? That boggles my mind! Would you dye the hair of a two month old baby?This has bad idea written all over it!

maybe find out what chemical/chemicals are used to dye them and do a search about the harmful effects if any, of that/those chemicals...
maybe you could do a literature search of some databases, perhaps your local library has access to some scientific literature databases...

Back
Top Bottom