EE's - Guesses on Boys or Girls?

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I bought all my chicks as straight run - not from a hatchery, but the parent stock was from McMurray if that makes any difference. EE #1
_MG_5597.jpg
EE #2
_MG_5589.jpg
I'm thinking boy on the above one... EE #3
_MG_5586.jpg
Here's a second picture of #3
_MG_5591.jpg
How about my 4 1/2 week old mixes? #1
_MG_5593.jpg
_MG_5590.jpg
_MG_5460.jpg
This one I thought was a roo from it's first day. Just the stance/personality is so bossy... Any guessers on my Houdans?
_MG_5551.jpg
I think one is a boy (closest to mom) and the two others are girls :fl I do know it's early. It's fun to guess though :p I do have two other white EE's, but the pictures are not resent enough. Will post them later.

It's pretty early, but I'd say EE #1 is a pullet, EE #2 is a cockerel, EE #3 could go either way, but I'll say cockerel.

For your mixes #3 is most definitely a cockerel. The other 2 look like pullets.

I have no experience with Houdans. A total guess would be 2 girls and a boy.

It's pretty early, but I'd say EE #1 is a pullet, EE #2 is a cockerel, EE #3 could go either way, but I'll say cockerel.

For your mixes #3 is most definitely a cockerel.  The other 2 look like pullets.

I have no experience with Houdans.  A total guess would be 2 girls and a boy.

Thanks :) I'd have thought # 3 was pullet and #1 would go either way. Only reason I guess that was because #3 is very shy and withdrawn like young pullets, while #1 is outgoing. I totally agree with the middle. He is already starting to have red come in on his wings.

That was my thought too with the mixes :D I was really hoping the middle one was a pullet, as she is my favourite, but I'd keep that one either way. I'm sure if she turns out to be a he, he will resent me for calling him Bonnie :gig

I'll post again in a week. Should it be more clear by 4 1/2 or 5 weeks old?

EE's
All three are girls (Pullets)
Mixes:
#1 and #2 are pullets
#3 is a boy.
Houdans:
Sorry not good at sexing the crested breeds except for Buff Laced Polish.

No idea, but what is that gorgeous girl in the last picture (the one with the houdans)???

Back
Top Bottom