Falconry anyone? 🦅

Hello! I wouldn’t call myself an expert but I did used to look after this dude at work

View attachment 2916158

I got to say I am very biased toward anything to do with horses though. I am looking forward to watching FEI Extreme Carriage Driving at Christmas. Also got to love a good joust.
My first pieces of hawking/falconry gear! :celebrate

6857A81F-CEBC-492B-87F5-5D4C31F0F521.jpeg

1743D987-4700-4361-B34F-BE25E6A684A6.jpeg

Last edited:
My first pieces of hawking/falconry gear! :celebrate

6857A81F-CEBC-492B-87F5-5D4C31F0F521.jpeg

1743D987-4700-4361-B34F-BE25E6A684A6.jpeg
Sorry I apologize for not reading the whole thread.
Are you planning on keeping are particular type of falcon/eagle/owl/hawk in the future? A while ago I was seriously considering keeping a European eagle owl. They're not at all expensive in my country unlike most other breeds but I decided they are probably not the best beginner bird due to their size and power. I've only kept parrots before.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the pink thing? The glove is really cool -- I can't believe you're going to be lucky enough to have a peregrine falcon perched on your arm! Congratulations! When do you start?

Sorry I apologize for not reading the whole thread.
Are you planning on keeping are particular type of falcon/eagle/owl/hawk in the future? A while ago I was seriously considering keeping a European eagle owl. They're not at all expensive in my country unlike most other breeds but I decided they are probably not the best beginner bird due to their size and power. I've only kept parrots before.
No worries!

Yes, I plan on keeping a red tailed to begin with. As that’s the only one an apprentice can start out with.
(I wish I were in England though, then I could start with a captive bred peregrine or Harris hawk. :p)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the pink thing? The glove is really cool -- I can't believe you're going to be lucky enough to have a peregrine falcon perched on your arm! Congratulations! When do you start?
Not stupid at all! :D The pink thing in a hawking vest, you put prey and equipment such as first aid in it.

I know, it’s been my dream forever! :love Once I find a falconer willing to sponsor me.
Very cool. Did it come with stuff to make jesses and cuffs or are you still going to need to get that kind of stuff?
Thank you. No, but I made a pair of paracord leashes and jesses, but I will need the leather later on. ;)

Back
Top Bottom