Pics
I have heard told that those listed on the first page in the google searches have paid them to be listed first. Most people doing the searches only look at the first page in the searches.

Yup I use duckduckgo for my searches quite often. I hate google.

:yuckyuck

What’s so funny about this statement is that sometimes after a full day of foraging my NN, Mrs. Biggles, looks as though “her ‘cleavage’ done spilled over and out.” The nakedness of her crop will sometimes make me do a double take. :lau:eek:

That full crop reminds me of a Hollywood film about aliens. Men in Black or something, I don't exactly remember, but it was funny clip from that film.:lau

I processed a Naked Neck last night. so much easier to deal with less feathers. I do not know everyone else reason for loving Naked Necks but mine are all practical. Less protein going to feathering, less feathers in the way when making them table birds, and less heat stress in summer. In winter they can turtle their necks on the roosting bar to retain heat. I just happen to like ugly chickens so being funny looking doesn't hurt at all.

I processed a Naked Neck last night. so much easier to deal with less feathers. I do not know everyone else reason for loving Naked Necks but mine are all practical. Less protein going to feathering, less feathers in the way when making them table birds, and less heat stress in summer. In winter they can turtle their necks on the roosting bar to retain heat. I just happen to like ugly chickens so being funny looking doesn't hurt at all.

You are correct, I am not a big fan of the looks of guinea fowl. I have them purely for practical purposes. They eat a lotta ticks, the keets and the adults sell well. People expect them to be ugly. My ignorant customers however freak out when they see a naked neck, because they have a different image of a chicken. They don't expect a chicken to look ugly and bald like a low grade government clerk. So they will not buy them.

Back
Top Bottom